I can’t make a new profile.

by LintyDruid5

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I can’t make a new profile.

★★★★ Apprentice
When I tap select a player, I don’t have an option to make a new profile. I tried on a different device and could only make one when I deleted all profiles, but could only make one. Please help.
Message 1 of 37 (71,577 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: I can’t make a new profile.

Community Manager

@Sauronox@LintyDruid5 You won't be able to create and link a second profile without first removing the old one.

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 37 (77,496 Views)

All Replies

★ Novice
Have the same issue, i want to start a new game without losing my actual progress. I can't create more profiles.
Message 2 of 37 (71,473 Views)

Community Manager

@Sauronox@LintyDruid5 You won't be able to create and link a second profile without first removing the old one.

Darko.png
Message 3 of 37 (77,497 Views)

★ Novice

Ok understood. So we can't create more than 1 profile at the same time?.

Message 4 of 37 (71,413 Views)

★★★ Newbie

We used to have loads of profiles on our game. Why do they have multiple slots if we can only have one profile?

Message 5 of 37 (71,331 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

You can have multiple users on the same machine this way (appears to work)

With internet connection

1. Create a profile.

2. (do something to make the profile to be backup online) I'm not sure about the exact details of this step. Try playing some Battlez.

3. Turn off internet connection.

4. Delete the account. (I'm not sure about this step. You may have to delete the No_Backup folder. See method 2 below for details)

5. Create a new one with different name.

6. Exit PvZ2.

7. Turn on internet connection.

8. Hope that your old account will be restored as PvZ2 connect to the Internet.

I would appreciate it if somebody can figure out the details of step "2." above. I don't have a new device to test it.

Without internet connection

1. Go to Android/data/com.ea.game.pvz2_row/files folder.

2. Backup the No_Backup folder and delete the old folder.

3. Create a new account.

4. Whenever you need to switch accounts, just swap the backup version and the actual version. Basically each user have their own No_Backup folder.

Warning: ALWAYS exit PvZ2 completely (including clear the cache) before switching the No_Backup folder. As PvZ2 saves data automatically on exit you may lose some data.

Message 6 of 37 (69,308 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem. When I first started playing PvZ2 years ago, you could create 4 save files at once at any time and switch back between them at will. It was great. On one IPad I had my file, my brother’s file, and my Dad’s file. We would play on it and it was so much fun. Now however, they have removed the feature for literally no reason and it frustrates me beyond belief. What were they thinking? This feature was not hurting anything. I will not play or buy anything in PvZ2 until this stupid nonsense is fixed. EA ruined PvZ2.

Message 7 of 37 (66,748 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How do you Remove An Account?

Message 8 of 37 (62,329 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@SeanyBoi4 wrote:

How do you Remove An Account?

Tap on profile name on start screen so all tha profiles are listed then tap on the profile to be deleted then tap the square purple box with a pen icon and you will be given tha options to save or delete.

Tap delete.

Message 9 of 37 (62,319 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks!

Message 10 of 37 (62,318 Views)