Re: How do I sync between 2 devices?

by hh8923

Original Post

How do I sync between 2 devices?

★★★ Novice

Hi,

I have 2 profiles and play both of them on 2 devices.  Until recently, they are always in sync.  This is Android NA version.  I don't know if they have the same player ID as I've never checked it before.  At that time, all I need to do is to log into Google Play Games and the profile will just appear with the synced progress.

A few weeks ago, the game crashed on one device and it asked me to create new profile when I start it again.    I checked the second device and the profiles are also lost.  There is no icon to log into Google Play Games.  Luckily, I was had a very old copy of the android/data/com.ea.game.pvz2_na and sent to EA help.  They were able to restore them.

Now, I have 2 different player ID, 1 on each device.  And I found the profile progress are out of sync b/w 2 devices.

What is the best way to keep them in sync?  Should I just copy that pp.dat from 1 device to the other?  Will they create conflict and cause me to lose progress again?

Thanks

Message 1 of 3 (533 Views)

★★★ Novice

I did a quick experiment.  Copy pp.data from one device to a new one.  I can see the progress is restored to the point when pp.dat is copied.  However, the 2 devices are not in sync.  Progress on device 1 will not show up on the new device.  Vice versa.

Message 2 of 3 (523 Views)

★★★ Novice

Forgot to say.  Copying pp.dat does not carry the same player ID.  Each device has its own.

Message 3 of 3 (521 Views)