Holiday from Battlez Query

by AuntySocialite

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Holiday from Battlez Query

★★★★ Guide

I need a week off Battlez... if I don't pick up my rewards tonight and don't play again until next tournament, do I get to stay in my league?

Many thanks!

Message 1 of 12 (913 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Holiday from Battlez Query

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@AuntySocialite wrote:

I need a week off Battlez... if I don't pick up my rewards tonight and don't play again until next tournament, do I get to stay in my league?

Many thanks!

Unfortunately @lawmfw has misinformed you.

You CAN decide to not play Battlez without losing your rewards or your league, as long as you do not pick up your awards..

As long as you do not enter Battlez at all when a new tournament commences your awards and league are retained for up to 5 continuous weeks of not playing.

After those 5 weeks of not playing at all, you will be demoted to the next league down, but should still be able to claim any awards owed to you.

As soon as you claim your awards, you are automatically assigned to a league table. If you then decide to not play at all, and finish in the bottom 3, you WILL be demoted.

If you do not claim your awards, you will NOT be assigned to a new league table. If you are not assigned to a league table, you cannot be demoted. (Except if you fail to play at all for longer than the 5 week period I've already mentioned.

This is as stated by Haemophilus_EA (The EA  representative on Reddit.)

View in thread

Message 5 of 12 (853 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Pick up your rewards so you do not lose them.  If you do not place in the top 12 then you do drop down a league.  No way to know if you are in the bottom three for the week unless you check (and pick up your rewards at the same time).

edit:

Wait a few days and then collect your rewards and see where you are in the standings

Message 2 of 12 (894 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@AuntySocialite wrote:

Many thanks!

What position are you in?

Message 3 of 12 (885 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I am dropping into Gold league for this week and then Silver League next week.

Message 4 of 12 (869 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@AuntySocialite wrote:

Many thanks!

Unfortunately @lawmfw has misinformed you.

You CAN decide to not play Battlez without losing your rewards or your league, as long as you do not pick up your awards..

As long as you do not enter Battlez at all when a new tournament commences your awards and league are retained for up to 5 continuous weeks of not playing.

After those 5 weeks of not playing at all, you will be demoted to the next league down, but should still be able to claim any awards owed to you.

As soon as you claim your awards, you are automatically assigned to a league table. If you then decide to not play at all, and finish in the bottom 3, you WILL be demoted.

If you do not claim your awards, you will NOT be assigned to a new league table. If you are not assigned to a league table, you cannot be demoted. (Except if you fail to play at all for longer than the 5 week period I've already mentioned.

This is as stated by Haemophilus_EA (The EA  representative on Reddit.)

Message 5 of 12 (854 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Thx for the clarification Humplemann.  This is good to know and is actually a good policy by EA.  Did it right.

So this means if you do not play and do not check your standings then you stay in that League (do not drop down) and can still enjoy GEM pinatas at the current League value !!

I always play myself up to Gold or Jade and then use my GEM stash in the Pinatas !!

Message 6 of 12 (837 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@lawmfw wrote:

Thx for the clarification Humplemann.  This is good to know and is actually a good policy by EA.  Did it right.

So this means if you do not play and do not check your standings then you stay in that League (do not drop down) and can still enjoy GEM pinatas at the current League value !!

I always play myself up to Gold or Jade and then use my GEM stash in the Pinatas !!

No problem @lawmfw. And, yes, according to Haem, that's how things stand.

On the gems front, it's such a shame that the 'buy for 100 gems' pinatas have now become the 'best' value we can get for upgrading plants. The Jade packs with 260 seed packets is still pathetic, but it's what players are now forced into using if they wish to upgrade. I just hope you're remembering to hold back on enough gems to ensure you'll have sufficient gauntlets.

I'm fortunate in having several thousand gauntlets stored up thanks to having the x10 multiplier for around 8 months. Even so I'm still aware of the necessity to adjust my playing style to cater for the new restrictions. I can no longer blitz my tournaments so I end up with anywhere between 1,800 and 2,500 crowns per tournament. I now do the bare minimum needed to stay ahead in my league tables.

I've won the three tournaments that have taken place during the period since 7.3 came in, but in doing so I've only won just over 2,000 crowns in total. Under 7.2 I'd normally be at around the 4,000 crowns mark for the one full tournament and two mini-tournaments.

I expect you've also noticed that crown totals in general have dropped a long way when compared to the pre-7.3 days. I won my last (mini-tournament) league with under 500 crowns. Under version 7.2 I would probably have needed 1,500 for the same tournament setup. (Possibly more).

To get even that small amount of crowns for the last tournament necessitated me having to eat into my gauntlets stash by around 60 to 70, so I'm acutely aware of now doing the bare minimum of playing so I can make the most of my gauntlet reserves before needing to restrict myself to the 'free' gauntlets, 'free' plays, and the one 'free' gauntlet n every 7 matches.

I wonder how long it will be before week-long tournaments are being won with around 300 to 400 crowns, because everyone will have become 'casual' players.

Message 7 of 12 (830 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

I hear you loud and clear.

This week I am not playing at all as I just do not like the Wasabi Whip format after trying a few Practice battles.  I did make note of the lower scores the past few weeks and it really is no surprise.

Enjoy your time doing other things I guess !

Message 8 of 12 (814 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@lawmfw wrote:

I hear you loud and clear.

This week I am not playing at all as I just do not like the Wasabi Whip format after trying a few Practice battles.  I did make note of the lower scores the past few weeks and it really is no surprise.

Enjoy your time doing other things I guess !

Take a look at Alien Gurke's strategy on Youtube. Of course he/she has M200 plants, but depending on your plant levels that line-up should still do fairly well.

If your Pepper-pults aren't at M100 or above, the Bruizing effect would undermine things, but it could still be worth trying it out in the Practise Room all the same.

Message 9 of 12 (802 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Thx, I am going to give Pepper Pult a shot in Practice but not going to consider BattleZ Seasons for this week...just not interested in Zoybean that much (maybe I'll collect it later when the sw is more stable)

Message 10 of 12 (799 Views)