HINTS AND TIPS

by MAGICDAVESHROOM

Original Post

Re: HINTS AND TIPS

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@MAGICDAVESHROOM wrote:
I also found that if i tried swapping a vined plant then just the inside plant would move.

I experimented with Vine plants released so far, and none of them seems to be swap-able by Escape Root. Not sure if it's a bug or intended by design. Escape Root treats them as if they don't exist Devil

Anyway, I think someone has mentioned it before (maybe on reddit), but I find swiping/dragging the Escape Root to its targeted plant is easier than tapping ER and then the plant. I find the latter can possibly make the swapping somewhat buggy, and ER also has some animation timing that can mess with the tappings.

Message 231 of 297 (1,022 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

I use the dragging method as I found out sometimes I manage to get it to swap back onto itself (may be it interpret my single tap as a double tap?).  

I too have experienced it sometimes failed to transpose and stuck halfway causing the target plant to disappear and Escape Root remains at it place, when this happens, if I dig up ER, I do get the target plant back.  Be warned that if the target plant is an endangered plant you need to save, then you should only dig up ER if the target plant is free from danger or it will get eaten/destroyed when it re-appears. (Yep I have this happened to me a few times so I have now learnt to use it to my advantage, kind of cheating or 'chicken' by hiding the endanger plants away from harm  )

Message 232 of 297 (1,013 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@eieio_31310 wrote:

I too have experienced it failed to transpose and stuck halfway when the target plant has disappear and Escape Root remains at it place

I think I am in a similar boat: 

Screenshot_2.png
Message 233 of 297 (1,011 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@HenryThePear   Yes, this is what I (and possibly quite a few players) experienced as well.  

It is buggy but since not many players are using it and making complaints so my guess is EA would not have it as high priority on their fixing list.

Message 234 of 297 (1,010 Views)

Champion

A nice finding from an active member Fission_Power over in sub reddit. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/PlantsVSZombies/comments/j15eof/i_just_realized_that_gargantuars_can_be_aff...

Gargantuars can be affected by Anti-Gravity perk if they have been shrunk

r/PlantsVSZombies - I just realized that Gargantuars can be affected by Anti-Gravity perk if they have been shrunk.

Message 235 of 297 (933 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@MAGICDAVESHROOM It will also get done once a day within the Zen garden.
Message 236 of 297 (916 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@eieio_31310 Thank you. I thought that when the zombie was released or put in the game it would come in the book, but I did not see it in my book because I did not kill it. His life is very big, to this day and I want to know which plants can kill him easily. When a note comes, I do not own any plants from the cash plants. If someone can tell me, I want to know which plants kill them quickly?
Message 237 of 297 (829 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

In adventure mode, 2x inta-kill explosions will kill the big garg (at level 1), when you are playing Arena and Penny's Persuit, it depends on the difficulty modifiers, sometime you can kill them with 2x  but more often 3 or 4 times explosions are required., this of course also depends on your plant level.  

If you want to know more a bout the damage health points of the big gargs (I think it is over 5000 points) you can take a look from the link below

https://plantsvszombies.fandom.com/wiki/Gargantuar

Message 238 of 297 (831 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@eieio_31310 I apologize because I did not write this. I was referring to the Roman Caesar Zombie. I am only talking about the post in which a picture of Roman Caesar Zombie appeared, not the zombies in penny and Arena.

Message 239 of 297 (830 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

ok you mean post #224. 

This zombie has a very high health points, (over 10K and that's more than twice that of the big garg) So try to imagine you need the fire power to kill 3 big gargs to kill him and you will need to do this 3x on the 1st appearance, 4x on the second appearance and 5 times on the last appearance in a game to earn his picture in the Almanac.

As for which plants are best to use, this depends on what you have, generally, all the insta-kill plants, for example explosives, squash, Jalapeno etc and all your high damage dealers plants such as Magnifying Grass and Citron etc... or better still enhanced by mints.

I copied the table below for reference but you can read up in more details from the link

https://plantsvszombies.fandom.com/wiki/Roman_Caesar_Zombie

EDIT: correction to the number of times required to kill the zombie.and added the plant suggestions.

Roman Caesar health points.jpg
Message 240 of 297 (825 Views)