HINTS AND TIPS

by MAGICDAVESHROOM

Original Post

Re: HINTS AND TIPS

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Here's the full cycle of costumes, compiled by myself and PowerToss with the full total cost of costumes at the bottom.

Sorry about the red banners obscuring most of them, that's down to EA.

More costume news in the costume watch thread.

Screenshot_2020-05-15-13-12-33-1.png
Message 211 of 297 (1,467 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

Completing Zomboss fight in Penny's Pursuit will complete two daily quests ( with 10 gems and 15+ free gem-drops )

When selecting the Bass Blast perk, be mindful this interacts with Blover, I accidentally blown away all zombies before I farmed enough sun to fulfill one of the objective set in the quest.

IMG_6483.PNG
IMG_6485.PNG
IMG_6482.jpg
Message 212 of 297 (1,430 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Level 1 profile Arena tip from PowerToss:

There are two very sneaky secrets to be able to score very high with Level 1 plants:

• Take a heavy penalty by letting a SV get killed at the start
  • Launch a lawn mower to get another penalty

Otherwise Zombies will be too tough and you won't get into the PF phase. The ZDL goes up quite fast again.

Message 213 of 297 (1,275 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

If you accidentally activate a power up you can deactivate it by tapping it again and it won't cost any coins as long as you don't touch the screen.

Screenshot_2020-05-30-21-53-04.png
Message 214 of 297 (1,262 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

To help kill cardio zombie you can plant torchwood on top of him and he will instantly release a line of fire.

Message 215 of 297 (1,189 Views)

★★★ Guide

Not a tips, just a 'guess' after a little observation. Maybe someone can confirm this.

So some plants' attack hits even those zombies outside the lawn, or before they step into the lawn. We know that there is a certain distance outside the lawn where zombies start to appear and slowly walk into the lawn.

The attack may not be triggered before the zombies enter the lawn, but in the case of Plant Food-fed attack or prolonged attack (projectile) which goes further out of the lawn and hit zombies outside the lawn (since the zombies who triggered the attack has been killed early and let the projectile hit the next zombies which haven't been on the lawn).

Now the thing is, when I use Tumbleweed, especially when combined with Blover, I feel like the zombies appear less, despite that I easily take care of the waves. Well, my Tumbleweed has grown to its adultest phase, for the record.

This is more apparent when I use Tumbleweed + blover in Arena level. Even when I Tumble-Blow zombies quickly enough and take care of most of the waves before they enter mid-lawn, the score is pretty low. And I noticed the zombies seem to appear less.

TLDR: So my verdict is that the Tumbleweed keeps bouncing and attacks some zombies even beyond the lawn. So when they toss or knock-back (with Blover's blow) the zombies outside the lawn, they already killed them there. Therefore, fewer zombies appearing and entering the lawn (fewer score in Arena).

Again it's just a guess.

Message 216 of 297 (1,162 Views)

Champion

@ForestOutlook   This is quite possible zombies just outside our view being either killed or acts as a blocker to other zombies entering the arena.

As I recall there were some tournaments whee I have to use Winter Melon (or other slowing plants) to slow down the zombies, I get a lot less zombies, true the game was easier but the score was a lot lower too as a result.

Message 217 of 297 (1,138 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@eieio_31310 wrote:

@ForestOutlook   This is quite possible zombies just outside our view being either killed or acts as a blocker to other zombies entering the arena.

"Outside our view" seems to be more accurate, since I think zombies who are killed after they come into view, even though they haven't been on the lawn, seem to still give scores in Arena.

And I think I can confirm that my Tumbleweed does attack them not yet seen zombies, when I listened to its hitting sound effect as it bumped into zombies I didn't see yet. I've also encountered one where my Tumbleweed hit the second zombie off screen (as in, those two early zombies in the first wave), so that there's only one zombie seen (the other one only 'heard') in the level where two zombies are supposed to appear in the first wave.

However, I'm still not sure if that's the reason why taking care of the lawn using Tumbleweed results in a low score in Arena despite doing really well. I saw in Fantastix's youtube channel, they said something like "overkill" can result in low scores in Arena. That's why Fantastix didn't use Threepeater+Torchwood in Pokra Boosterama level.

On that note, I also feel like using (Primal) Potato Mine in Boosterama or with Tile Turnip in normal Arena level, can also "overkill" the waves, and ends up with lower scores than the other strats, despite being able to take care of the zombies easier/quicker (compared to those other strats). Furthermore, PPM's explosion shouldn't reach too far to zombies off-screen, so it could be the overkill factor instead of the off screen kill factor.

Has this "overkill resulting in lower scores" been discussed before?

Message 218 of 297 (1,067 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

💎Penny's pursuit can be a good way of getting seeds and coins but it can eat up gems very easily if you're not careful. 

💎Pennyfuel recharges over time to 15/15 so to avoid spending my lovely sparkly gems i will kill zomboss three times shortly after it resets at 1800hrs GMT🇬🇧 then play three trail missions at 🌶🌶🌶 (whatever level i find easiest with two bonus objectives) to add 90% to the zps meter.

💎Sometimes you can't fully recharge the zps meter so i play another level in the morning and my pennyfuel will have recharged to 15/15 by the time penny's pursuit has reset (6pm GMT🇬🇧).

💎By the time the next one has come around my zps meter is over 100% and i have 15/15 pennyfuel so my gems can stay safe from EA's grasping hands. 

💎Penny's pursuit is a lot easier with higher level plants and i try to complete each trail level with just one perk (usually sun bank) to avoid spending more gems.

Screenshot_20200713-114818_Plants Vs Zombies 2.jpg
Screenshot_20200713-114544_Plants Vs Zombies 2.jpg
Screenshot_20200713-114530_Plants Vs Zombies 2.jpg
Message 219 of 297 (758 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Plant Food on Olive Pit places oil in a 3x3 square around the Olive Pit

Message 220 of 297 (619 Views)