Re: HINTS AND TIPS

by MAGICDAVESHROOM

Original Post

★★★★ Guide

@lawmfw wrote:

...it has made for some entertaining and harrowing experiences trying to avoid the dreaded GEM tax !!

Please, what is 'gem tax'? Have googled but only come up with the advice to ante up... so much to learn!!!!! Nerd

Message 61 of 297 (3,182 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

The gem tax refers to the old streak system where a player Usually wins the first 9 matches, the 10th is harder and the 11th impossible.

EA consistently denied using streak killing bots to cause this but every time this happens then you either had to pay gems to continue or lose your streak.

Message 62 of 297 (3,182 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Got it. I paid it this morning to a player who had M51 plants.

Message 63 of 297 (3,130 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

You are doing very well if it took an M51 plant to stop your win streak.

Message 64 of 297 (3,127 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Battlez:-

This might not work for everyone: but me being a bit of a chicken****, I don't look to see the score until the game finishes. I find it helps me to be calmer and make the right choices.

Also, even if it looks like you're losing, don't surrender. I've had numerous games where a crucial move in the last 10 seconds won it for me.

PS It would be nice, as a Utd supporter, if I could pick the red glove for myself.

Message 65 of 297 (3,059 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Expert

@AuntySocialite wrote:

PS It would be nice, as a Utd supporter, if I could pick the red glove for myself.

We hope the NHS will soon find a cure for utd supporting.

Message 66 of 297 (2,984 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@MAGICDAVESHROOM wrote:

We hope the NHS will soon find a cure for utd supporting.

Cheeky!

And you don't know which Utd I refer to!  (Hint: it ain't vermin Wink)

Another thing, a couple of times when I've turned on the game, Travel Log doesn't refresh for new 2 Battlez for playing 2, etc, even though I enter and exit 3 or 4 times. I've found if I click on each tab in order, it refreshes faster.

(Even for Utd supporters who support the wrong Utd. I'm thinking white rose now Wink)

Message 67 of 297 (2,966 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

So much of the PvZ2 system is slowing down...is it intentional ?  is it the servers ?

I also try to remember to activate the Travel Log first before starting to play and there are times it will take a few attempts.

From BattleZ, check out the Store and then return to BattleZ, that works most times for me.

Worst case I exit to the Main Menu..

Yup, ads still crashing PvZ2 to begin the day. 

Message 68 of 297 (2,956 Views)

Community Manager

@lawmfw 

Have you tried all mobile troubleshooting steps to see if that alleviates the crashes? On my Android device there's also a "device maintenance" feature that helps clear up unused files which boosts performance. These steps can make a huge difference when players are having technical issues with our mobile games.

iOS Mobile Troubleshooting

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/mobile/troubleshooting-steps-for-ios-apps/

Android

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/mobile/troubleshooting-steps-for-android/

Blueberry.png
Message 69 of 297 (2,922 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

credit to Silver_Orb

I've found that the Boosterama events can often lead to lower scores through players becoming distracted by the lure of the boosted plants instead of sticking with their usual playing pattern.

I've been maintaining my proven strategy as developed in part one of this week's tournament, but with just one difference.

Instead of planting several sun producers at the start, I'm freeing up space for my offense plants by planting a single sun producer then immediately digging it up and then planting another one in the same spot. (Repeating as necessary.)

Message 70 of 297 (2,892 Views)