Googleplay not working with pvz2

by Perfume-shroom92

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Googleplay not working with pvz2

★★★★★ Expert

For anyone who does save their game via googleplay, I have just noticed this maybe starting from around 30 minutes ago. I have checked on both my phone and via bluestacks on my laptop. The game is now not saved through googleplay. Is anyone having the same problem?

Untitled.png
Message 1 of 16 (2,343 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Googleplay not working with pvz2

★★★★★ Expert

@PowerToss 

Mine started doing it late last night, i can still play pvz2 but it's not going through google play anymore and nothing happens when i tap the white Google gamepad, no google achievements or leaderboard.

I suggest nobody on Android clears data or reinstalls until this is sorted, if you haven't already done so SCREENSHOT YOUR PLAYER I.D.

This probably means that EA are the only backup for Android users at the moment, not good at all.

View in thread

Message 10 of 16 (2,191 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Expert

Can't really help since I don't use Android but IIRC someone on reddit posted that they have the same problem. 

Message 2 of 16 (2,325 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

This happened to me today. And I'm not sure if I can sync to google play anymore Devil

After this appeared, nothing happened when I tap on the google play games button in the start page. Usually you'll see it expand to menus including achievements and player ranking. Now I'm afraid it's not even syncing.

I've never really relied on EA cloud syncing, especially after someone said that force-syncing through the cloud button can lead to progress lost.

Can only rely on automatic syncing right now.

EDIT: Haem replied to my message in the pvz subreddit. No news for now, but good to know they've been aware of the problems and plan to investigate in the near future.

Message 3 of 16 (2,294 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

"plan to investigate in the near future"

yikes, EA/Popcap not taking this seriously at all

Message 4 of 16 (2,282 Views)

★★★ Guide

@lawmfw wrote:

"plan to investigate in the near future"

yikes, EA/Popcap not taking this seriously at all

Haha, sorry if I said it wrong (not English native), but I said that in place of forgetting what Haem said which is soon, but not immediately either Large smile. She confirmed in PM that it'll be tomorrow, though, since the time they found out about this was the end of the day in the office (or something like that).

Message 5 of 16 (2,268 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

that is a bit of a relief, thx for clarifying

Message 6 of 16 (2,266 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem. I was just about to report the same thing.

Screenshot_2020-03-03-19-45-33.png
Message 7 of 16 (2,237 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@ForestOutlook I haven't press the forced sync button ever since that post but i still check to make sure the EA cloud is sync. For some strange reason, the one on my bluestacks isn't working at all, whereas the one on my phone will have that pop up but at the background i can still see the 'progress saved to play games' coming up...so at least its still something...
Message 8 of 16 (2,219 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

seems like something is going wrong with the google play services. I got that problem in my PC as well.

Message 9 of 16 (2,207 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@PowerToss 

Mine started doing it late last night, i can still play pvz2 but it's not going through google play anymore and nothing happens when i tap the white Google gamepad, no google achievements or leaderboard.

I suggest nobody on Android clears data or reinstalls until this is sorted, if you haven't already done so SCREENSHOT YOUR PLAYER I.D.

This probably means that EA are the only backup for Android users at the moment, not good at all.

Message 10 of 16 (2,192 Views)