Re: GRRRR!!!

by BBnot8

Original Post

GRRRR!!!

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I do so wish I had stuck to my original plan to not partake in Battlez anymore during the Strawburst tournament, but I succumbed to the temptation to use a "Free Play" to try out a different strategy.

If I hadn't given in to that temptation, I would not have come up against a blatant cheating B*****D!

Their score was crazy (5,791,600) against my 3,134,300.

Their plants load-out contained 3 (THREE) disallowed plants- Gold bloom, Caulipower, and Moonflower.

Also, during the match their score skyrocketed at the 52 seconds remaining point.

At 53 seconds remaining, my score was 1,998,800. Their's was 459,600.

At 52 seconds remaining, my score was 2,013,800. Theirs shot up to 4,599,250.

This has been reported to EA, with several screenshots as proof. I just HOPE that EA will finally get around to preventing B******S like this from ever playing Battlez again.

Like the heading says - "GRRRR!!!"

4 screenshots follow. They are the ones sent to EA :- 

The first shows the game screen at 53 seconds remaining:- 

53 Seconds to go.jpg

The next shows the game screen at 52 seconds remaining :- 

52 Seconds to go.jpg

The next shows the end of game screen :-

End of game arena shot.jpg

This one shows the respective load-outs (With my opponent's name grudgingly blurred out to comply with EA rules :- 

You lost screen with name removed.jpg

I truly wish EA would permit us to name and shame cheaters like this B*****D.

I have come up against other opponents in the past where I have had serious doubts concerning their honesty while playing against them, and ended up giving them the benefit of the doubt. When it comes to such instances, any doubts DO mean that naming and shaming WOULD be wrong. But this B******D should REALLY be named and shamed. If not by us, then by EA themselves.

Such players are making a total mockery of EA's much vaunted 'Safeguards' aimed at preventing this sort of thing, and SHOULD show EA that they need to do far more than they are at present. EA have provided the Battlez game environment, so THEY should take whatever steps are needed to ensure that players like this one NEVER get to spoil the game for honest players again.

As I said before - GRRRR!!!

Message 1 of 13 (1,771 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I've noticed the same thing with the skyrocketing points that just aren't possible.

At first I used to wonder if there was lag/delay on EA's servers during the initial recording of the game-score, so this is why it makes huge jumps at times.

I'm not sure how someone would/could CHEAT this...  I am starting to think others may be right that EA has been deliberately rigging the games with bogus recordings.

Not one word has come forward from EA validating this claim or disputing it. Makes me a little... suspicious! LOL

Message 2 of 13 (1,725 Views)

★★★★ Guide

There is a list of EA bots available online, maybe you'll find your cheater on it (I have no clue if that list is 100% legit or not)
Perhaps it is why there is this no naming no shaming rules, else that would not be nice for EA... Tongue out

And yes no word from EA on it...
Less people on marketing (how can we make them use more gems, coins, watch ads and buy stuff ? ) more people on support, dev and communication guys !

Message 3 of 13 (1,717 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@BBnot8 wrote:

There is a list of EA bots available online, maybe you'll find your cheater on it (I have no clue if that list is 100% legit or not)
Perhaps it is why there is this no naming no shaming rules, else that would not be nice for EA... Tongue out

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How do I find the list? I tried a search but only found further references to such a list.

Message 4 of 13 (1,712 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Look for list_of_names_for_battlez_bots_should_answer_your on reddit, I don't think the direct link would stay if I post it Tongue out

Also, according to this post https://www.reddit.com/r/PlantsVSZombies/comments/8jbpjs/unofficial_battlez_mechanics_faq/ , "Bot is an algorithm, not a replay."

So either it's cheaters either EA is using unfair bots.Disappointed

Message 5 of 13 (1,710 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@BBnot8 wrote:

Look for list_of_names_for_battlez_bots_should_answer_your on reddit, I don't think the direct link would stay if I post it Tongue out

Also, according to this post https://www.reddit.com/r/PlantsVSZombies/comments/8jbpjs/unofficial_battlez_mechanics_faq/ , "Bot is an algorithm, not a replay."

So either it's cheaters either EA is using unfair bots.Disappointed

Thanks @BBnot8

I found an almost 10,000 long alphabetical list of names used for EA Bots through following on from the Reddit link you provided. The list location (On Pastebin) was embedded as a link within the text of the Reddit article. I didn't find the exact name of the opponent I came up against, but there was one very similar. It was number 8405 on the list. The difference was it had an additional letter at the end. If that last letter was removed, that's the name used. Perhaps I came up against an as yet unlisted name that may well find its way on to that list in the future. (Assuming it's updated every so often.)

I'm now guessing that the TRUE reason behind why EA are so strict over their policy of not allowing naming and shaming is that a very high percentage of any revealed opponent names could be traced straight back to that Bot names list.  

If that IS the case, then EA have had a right laugh over me wasting my time and effort in compiling a detailed report concerning a 'Cheater'.

Message 6 of 13 (1,695 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Got the same once, my opponent as a name like a bot's name but just without one letter at the end.
But as I said before, I don't know if this list is legit or not.

And still no answer from EA so speculations all over again Disappointed

Message 7 of 13 (1,685 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Similar experience for me. I only used the list just once (now).

Last night had an opponent who scored EXACTLY 666,000 points.

Was a little too incredible and got my suspicions, so I wrote the name down to check later.

Note, this does not mean 100% it's a bot, and could be just incredible odds, but let's just say it was something that stood out.

Did a search out of curiosity today. The name was all lower case "sruth"

I find on the bot list also a name all lower case, "sruthi".

Maybe they append a random character after the initial name to cover up the tracks a bit more. 

In any case, it is what it is... lol

Message 8 of 13 (1,669 Views)

★★ Novice

Out of interest, how does a Blover help on this level? 

Message 9 of 13 (1,641 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Blover is a very good combo with chard guard in general , maybe the best combo (not just for this week), and good with primal peashoter.
Everytime a zombie is knocked backward by chard or PP, the zombie passes as 'airborne' so the blover can blow it away (even Gargantuars !)
Check this video from @eieio_31310 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0--Xi2eww_Q&feature=youtu.be :eastandard_smile:
Even if you are not good with timing, with blover and chard lvl 3 you can get 1 million easily.
Personnally I prefer to use primal potatoe mine with food plant instead of Lava Guava but it's up to you.

Message 10 of 13 (1,636 Views)