[Feature Request] Freely Choose Unlocked Plant Levels

by FloatingSunfish

Original Post

Re: [Feature Request] Freely Choose Unlocked Plant Levels

[ Edited ]
Champion

Welcome to the forum @FloatingSunfish  

Sadly, how I see the fact is, the Purchase Restoring bug has been experienced by many players for a number of years now and still not fixed, while new bundles are appearing regularly for $$$.

Message 11 of 22 (503 Views)

★★★★ Expert

I don't know EA specific code, but the only possible way they can keep track of plant level is with a hard coded .ini file. This file would need only 2 columns - plant name and level. This file would only have to be accessed at the beginning of a game and the levels are then put into memory for the plants you select.

I can't really see a huge difficulty in modifying the level of a plant after user selection. - merely present them with a screen showing the 7 plants selected along with a slider allowing selection from level 1 to player's max level. Then use this data to load into memory for that game.

QED !!!!

(Which of course stands for QUITE EASILY DONE.)

Message 12 of 22 (630 Views)

★★★ Novice

@linuxPigPen 

I mean, they're already able to keep track of Plant level changes when you level up your Plants, so there should be some reusable code already available for this suggested feature.

The dev team knows best though. Standard smile

Message 13 of 22 (610 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@FloatingSunfish Yes but it's not reusable code. It's an entry in a .dat or .ini file that stores your data on your computer. That data is read when you select your plants and then stored as variables in the instance of the game you're playing. What is lacking is an interface to allow the player to change those values for the one instance of this game. That is the code that is needed to implement your idea.
Message 14 of 22 (572 Views)

★★★ Guide

I think I'm with @eieio_31310 in this. As seen in the latest additions to the game (new seasonal plants, new play mode), they're something that invite players to play frequently and bring ads as well as money to buy seed packets. Money seems to be the main motivation to bring something new to the game.

And while they promoted a plant level upgrade by offering seed packets for ads and money and grinding, adding a feature which let players choose the level of plants they want, sounds counterintuitive. It may pleases only those players who already have a wide range of plants level who got bored of their high level plants. Not sure where dollars can fit in this scheme.

Maybe there's a way, but as of now I think they'll focus on working on new seasonal plants and penny's pursuit which seem easily profitable.

Message 15 of 22 (548 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@ForestOutlook I would pay $0.99 to have the ability to limit the number of Spike Rocks that Spear Mint produces. While level 8 is useful in some circumstances, on shortened moldy lawns it can be a liability. Sometimes I'd rather just plant 5 Spikes instead of 9 of them.
Message 16 of 22 (540 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@linuxPigPen 

Sometimes I just want spearmint's boost without any spikerocks. 

Message 17 of 22 (517 Views)

Champion

@MAGICDAVESHROOM   I think I know why you wanted this, because I too want this feature.

in boosterama I have lost count many times I cursed myself for being careless by putting down the spearmint and forgotten to check if there was an empty space behind my defend line, and dragged the zombies towards the house....

Message 18 of 22 (477 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@eieio_31310 Same..... I have managed to demolish an entire row of defense once....there were even games where i brought it in and only used it once when the game start....and that's it Confused
Message 19 of 22 (468 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@eieio_31310 Now you got me worried every time I use spear mint in the future,since my spikerock is mastery it can drag them to low scoring zones..
Message 20 of 22 (454 Views)