Re: Extra hard Wild West day 8

by karlakay3262

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Extra hard Wild West day 8

★ Guide

Anyone else having trouble beating Zomboss in the final day of extra hard Wild West? It’s always the chickens that get me. So frustrating! Hints and tips appreciated.

Message 1 of 5 (3,922 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Champion

This used to be known as Wild West Day 35 on the extension levels.

There is an excellent hints and tips done by a forum member DT_The_Mine from subReddit and it did help me to pass this level with my level 1 profile.  I copy it over here for your reference.

Below are the key points on how to pass this level - even with level 1 plants.

• chickens do not consume Hypno-shroom when they are hypnotized, even if the Hypno-shroom is PF'd. this makes Hypno-shroom a far better chicken removal than Spikeweed or E.Currant.

• you are only given 3 Iceburgs, 5 Wallnuts, 4 E.Currants and 5 Spikeweeds. after that you only get Hypno-shroom, which is exactly what you want. so plant those other plants somewhere safe, and try to protect them so you get the Hypno spam (like in the image below)

• conveyor rule 101: the more packets you have on the conveyor, the longer the delay between each delivered packet will be. for example, if you have either 0 or 1 packet on the conveyor, the delay between each packet is 2s. but if you have 2+ packets, that delay is gonna be 3s. more packets = more delay. so what does this mean? plant everything on the conveyor quickly. better than you trying to save plants for later uses. this is also true for most official conveyor levels - for WW-35, 2s plant spam is very important as you can regain the board quickly after the missiles spam. the hard part is to keep up with the speed, but easier when you know where to plant what.

• "but Zomboss + chicken wrangler = no defense against chickens" PF'd plants can stop Zomboss's charges. that means: time a Hypno-shroom's PF to stop that charge.

• "not enough PF" - do not move out of phase 1 too quickly. you want to farm PFs during this phase & build the board, which is fairly easy. otherwise you'll be wrecked by phase 2 and 3.

• "how do you deal damage to Zomboss without Hypno-shroom's boost then?" - one big misconception is that you HAVE to use hypnotized Gargantuars to deal meaningful damage to Zomboss. NO. BIG FAT NO. a hypnotized Wranglers will spawn hypnotized Chickens, which is a FAR better way to deal damage to Zomboss. which leads to...

• PF usage. one, you use it to stop Zomboss's charges. two, Iceburg PF. Hypnotized chickens die way too quickly, but Iceburg PF will fix that very quickly - just make sure to time this one correctly to deal damage to Zomboss. you ONLY use the extra PFs on Hypno-shroom (the ones floating around because your PF bar is full).

so in the end, a perfect run is very much possible - level 1 plants, no power-ups, no buying PF. EDIT: no boosts either.

That's all for this 101.

An image of his winning layout if this helps.

r/PlantsVSZombies - How *not* to suck at normal PvZ 101: WW-35

EDIT.  Last but not least, if you still wish to see how it is done with level 1plants, there are quite a few videos shown on YouTube, link below is an example

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0tFyhkZ5xg

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (3,882 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Guide

@karlakay3262 wrote:

Anyone else having trouble beating Zomboss in the final day of extra hard Wild West? It’s always the chickens that get me. So frustrating! Hints and tips appreciated.

Have lots & lots of gold coins. I use power snow. Play 1round & see when the herd of chickens start to appear. Check war wagons power level. Try not to use any power levels at this time. 2nd round, start using power snow when chickens show up.  Slows him down a bit & chickens turn away from souped up mushrooms. Hope this helps.  used 15,000 coins

Message 2 of 5 (3,893 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

This used to be known as Wild West Day 35 on the extension levels.

There is an excellent hints and tips done by a forum member DT_The_Mine from subReddit and it did help me to pass this level with my level 1 profile.  I copy it over here for your reference.

Below are the key points on how to pass this level - even with level 1 plants.

• chickens do not consume Hypno-shroom when they are hypnotized, even if the Hypno-shroom is PF'd. this makes Hypno-shroom a far better chicken removal than Spikeweed or E.Currant.

• you are only given 3 Iceburgs, 5 Wallnuts, 4 E.Currants and 5 Spikeweeds. after that you only get Hypno-shroom, which is exactly what you want. so plant those other plants somewhere safe, and try to protect them so you get the Hypno spam (like in the image below)

• conveyor rule 101: the more packets you have on the conveyor, the longer the delay between each delivered packet will be. for example, if you have either 0 or 1 packet on the conveyor, the delay between each packet is 2s. but if you have 2+ packets, that delay is gonna be 3s. more packets = more delay. so what does this mean? plant everything on the conveyor quickly. better than you trying to save plants for later uses. this is also true for most official conveyor levels - for WW-35, 2s plant spam is very important as you can regain the board quickly after the missiles spam. the hard part is to keep up with the speed, but easier when you know where to plant what.

• "but Zomboss + chicken wrangler = no defense against chickens" PF'd plants can stop Zomboss's charges. that means: time a Hypno-shroom's PF to stop that charge.

• "not enough PF" - do not move out of phase 1 too quickly. you want to farm PFs during this phase & build the board, which is fairly easy. otherwise you'll be wrecked by phase 2 and 3.

• "how do you deal damage to Zomboss without Hypno-shroom's boost then?" - one big misconception is that you HAVE to use hypnotized Gargantuars to deal meaningful damage to Zomboss. NO. BIG FAT NO. a hypnotized Wranglers will spawn hypnotized Chickens, which is a FAR better way to deal damage to Zomboss. which leads to...

• PF usage. one, you use it to stop Zomboss's charges. two, Iceburg PF. Hypnotized chickens die way too quickly, but Iceburg PF will fix that very quickly - just make sure to time this one correctly to deal damage to Zomboss. you ONLY use the extra PFs on Hypno-shroom (the ones floating around because your PF bar is full).

so in the end, a perfect run is very much possible - level 1 plants, no power-ups, no buying PF. EDIT: no boosts either.

That's all for this 101.

An image of his winning layout if this helps.

r/PlantsVSZombies - How *not* to suck at normal PvZ 101: WW-35

EDIT.  Last but not least, if you still wish to see how it is done with level 1plants, there are quite a few videos shown on YouTube, link below is an example

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0tFyhkZ5xg

Message 3 of 5 (3,883 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@karlakay3262 

Wild west zomboss is well know as being the hardest level in pvz2, there are many walk throughs and utube videos posted about this level.

Useful tip is have boosted hypnoshrooms on your back row so any stray chickens turn into gargantuars on your side.

Personally i spent a small fortune on frozen snowball powerups when i did it over 3 years ago and never went near it since. And am still not going anywhere near it.

@eieio_31310  has done it with level 1 plants.

Message 4 of 5 (3,876 Views)

★ Guide
@MAGICDAVESHROOM I absolutely refuse to spend a bunch of coins to beat this sucker so I’ll keep trying. Whether I ever beat it or not, that’s yet to be seen.
Message 5 of 5 (3,837 Views)