Re: European player - wrong quest times

by lawmfw

Original Post

European player - wrong quest times

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Your Daily Quests times are off for us not on the USA (I am in Europe).

The Piñata Party only shows up at midnight my time, BUT at 9 AM in the morning quest is over. (used to be 10 AM before the Daylight Savings Time ended)

This does not make any sense. So, basically I cannot go to bed and have to stay awake, which is taking its toll and is not good.

Can you change the Piñata Party start time to NOT be at midnight Eastern European time for us in Europe?
And/or, just change the quest duration for this and the other Daily Quests to a more appropriate value, for example 12 hours instead of 9.

I realize the Battlez ending time cannot be changed, but that is OK, as it ends at a more normal time and not midnight. (it used to end 8 PM my time, now 7 PM)

Message 1 of 9 (354 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

You do have 24 hours to play the Pinata challenge...

I have the same problem with midnight and I try very hard to just wait until the morning or a free time during the day !

Message 2 of 9 (333 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

No, this is exactly the point here! IF the Quest was appearing at the same time as the daily Piñata Party starts, this would be OK. But this not the case.

Around 9 AM my time the Quest shows up (was 10 AM before DST end), BUT the actual Quest event to play only shows at midnight.

This means a false Quest time, basically a lie or at least misleading info here.

The actual time I have is just NINE hours, and they are placed in the worst time frame possible - midnight to 9 AM - so, the quest starts at 9 AM, and ends 9 AM the next day (or 10 to 10 AM before DST was over), BUT the event Quest is for only shows up for play at midnight.

I do NOT want to wait for midnight as I need to go to bed before that, and I clearly do not want to wake up at 9 AM unless I really want to!

What country and time zone are you in, please? I assume this is normal for you guys in the USA. 

Such as if the Quest shows up 10 AM and event starts at 10 AM, this would be Okay.

IF Quest starts at 2 PM and ends 2 PM next day, this is very OK too, even if the Piñata Party event starts at midnight as it is now.

If it is midnight for you too, clearly this needs a slight (or bigger, if EA somehow become generous for some reason) re-adjustment.

Message 3 of 9 (325 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I am in the US and yes, Pinata Party clock does start at midnight here too.

I agree that very few players get the full 24 hours (except those that are sleep deprived) but there is still enough time during the day...

Message 4 of 9 (313 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I usually wake up around 9:30-10:00 AM my time. With the shift of Quests being over to 9 AM, instead of 10 AM, I have ZERO time to play.

Message 5 of 9 (305 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Why do you have to play right at the clock start ?

Sometimes I end up playing just before the clocks expire !!

Message 6 of 9 (297 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

That was what I was doing also.

However, here in Europe - in my country and most other countries too - we observe Daylight Saving Time. During the summer (and likely prior too, do not remember this anymore), quests ended TEN AM my time. And I could get up at 9:30 and play the simple/fast quest(s) such as Pinata Party one - and usually the longer quests I played the previous day, as they do not have this nonsense with their events starting at midnight.

But the quests now end at NINE AM my time, 1 hour earlier. So, what you say I cannot do any more... If it could be moved back to TEN AM my time, this would be swell, but a better timing of this Quest is better. Saying 24 hours and actually giving just NINE (and at the worst time possible) is misleading, to put it mildly.

Message 7 of 9 (289 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

We have DST here too.  There are times when I have to play at different times of the day just because of whatever else is going on.

Hopefully you can too.  It is not always easy and sometimes it can be downright annoying !

Message 8 of 9 (280 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I have a suggestion for the developers...

How about a Setting Option to allow players to choose what time to reset Pinata Party ?

I can foresee there may be time issues for having multiple Pinata Party versions active for different players !!

Message 9 of 9 (261 Views)