Entering the in-game shop leads to a crash

by JuulYanma

Original Post

Entering the in-game shop leads to a crash

★★★ Newbie

Since a week or two, there is this SALE sign in the in-game shop. The moment I enter the shop, the game goes “RESTORING PURCHASES....” on me. After a second or two it says “PURCHASE SUCCESFUL”, after which the only thing I can do is press a button “restore purchases”, after which again it takes about three seconds before the app crashes. No way to evade this loop once I enter the shop. Every time I enter the shop it leads to a crash.

I have deleted and re-installed the app, with no effect.

Help.

Message 1 of 13 (1,811 Views)

Re: Entering the in-game shop leads to a crash

★★★★★ Expert

It's a known bug on iOS 14. Here is the workaround until it gets hopefully fixed:

Before you attempt to enter the store, switch your device to flight mode before doing so to avoid triggering the inescapable restore purchases loop. Once you're in that loop you can't terminate it besides force closing your game - it's an Apple process which ping's Apple's purchase servers.

Once you're successfully loaded into the store you can turn off flight mode.

Message 2 of 13 (1,793 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Works like a charm! Thanks

Message 3 of 13 (1,775 Views)

★★ Novice

This won’t work on my sons iPad. He’s upset as he’s only 8 and thinks I’ve lost all his levels / purchases etc and I don’t know what to do.  
as this doesn’t seem to work for me to fix it do you have any other ideas?????
thanks

Message 4 of 13 (1,606 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@dragong1rl1969  Has your son lost his account with all his plants?

This can happen as pvz2 is still pretty buggy.

Message 5 of 13 (1,603 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@dragong1rl1969 wrote:

This won’t work on my sons iPad. He’s upset as he’s only 8 and thinks I’ve lost all his levels / purchases etc and I don’t know what to do.  
as this doesn’t seem to work for me to fix it do you have any other ideas?????
thanks

Are you sure you are not connected to the internet? WiFi and 3G/4G have to be turned off. Switching to Airplane mode on iOS will only turn off 3G/4G. So you need to make sure to have WiFi turned off as well. It's a pretty simple workaround. No internet connection = No connection to Apple purchase severs.

You might be facing a different problem with the game but we'd need some more details to help you.

Message 6 of 13 (1,581 Views)

★ Novice

I have the same problem.  The fix doesn’t work for me.  Every time I turn the WiFi back on and try to go j to the purchase area I get bounced right out.  HELP!!!

Message 7 of 13 (1,528 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@xraiderfan I think you might be doing something wrong. You are not supposed to go to the store with WiFi turned on...

1. Open the game and log into your account with WiFi turned on
  2. Turn Airplane mode on
  3. Enter the shop
  4. Turn Airplane mode off
Message 8 of 13 (1,502 Views)

Champion

@xraiderfan wrote:

I have the same problem.  The fix doesn’t work for me.  Every time I turn the WiFi back on and try to go j to the purchase area I get bounced right out.  HELP!!!

Just to add to what @PowerToss commented.  This is not a fix from EA, it is a workaround found by forum members to bypass the old bug which has been in the game for many years.  

Message 9 of 13 (1,493 Views)

★ Novice

It just started for me last week.   I can’t get the daily prize, or the mint piñatas.  Any other thoughts?  Thanks. 

Message 10 of 13 (1,460 Views)