Re: EA, why this lack of communication here ?! Why ?

by eieio_31310

Original Post

EA, why this lack of communication here ?! Why ?

★★★★ Guide

I'm on this forum for few weeks and I cannot stop wondering why we have almost 0 communication from EA on EA FORUM ? Just one post per month for the new power mints, few answers here and there from time to time and nothing more...

When it's complaints about people getting downgrade from Jade to Soil league, no feedback from EA.
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Plants-vs-Zombies-2/Battlez-completely-reset-to-soil-league-URGENT/td-p/68...

When it's suspicions about bots or cheaters using wrong plants in Battlez to conveniently end someone's streak, no refutation from EA.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Plants-vs-Zombies-2/GRRRR/m-p/6895002#M3847
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Plants-vs-Zombies-2/The-worst-of-EA-Bots-are-back-in-Battlez/m-p/6891883#M...

When it's questions about bugs, no reply from EA. 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Plants-vs-Zombies-2/Can-an-EA-representative-please-confirm-deny-reply-to-...

One could say, CM don't have the time to answer to everything on all EA forums, and they may not know everything about PvZ2, I can understand that.
But then, why is there an official EA representative being very active on reddit (https://www.reddit.com/user/Haemophilus_EA) while here we have no communication from EA ??
Ok, I understand that there is probably mooore people going and posting on reddit than here.

But still, here, it's the official forum for PvZ2 and we have almost no official representative around.
While on the unofficial reddit forum, there is an official representative around all the time.

palpatine_reaction_by_neetsfagging322297-dbvws9h.png

So in the end, what the point to have this forum and ask EA questions if 90% or more of its communication is done on reddit ?
Should this forum replaced by just a link to the reddit PvZ forum ?

@EA_Roger 

Message 1 of 9 (933 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
Have you considered that if EA were to speak on the many issues players are having that the players probably wouldn't like the answers, if the players didn't like the answers they may leave and EA would lose revenue.
To keep their customers happy EA may be forced to tell porkie pies which in the long run would backfire and lose even more customers/ revenue.
A dignified silence is a wise strategy because if nobody gets any answers then there is nothing for unhappy customers to focus on.
MOOOOOO!!!!!!cried the cashcow🇬🇧
(Pass the cud.)
Message 2 of 9 (826 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I don't think so...

See how it went here: people were open minded, asking questions about the game, issues, answering others.
No communication from EA.

Getting a bit suspicious about some aspect of the game.

Getting very very suspicious and posting lot of post about this.

Community managers here are just good at deleting posts (see my original posts, all the links disapeared). Great, no communication before, is it time for censorship now ?
(Another link to see how useless CM are here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Plants-vs-Zombies-2/PLANTS-VS-ZOMBIES-2-PLANT-FOOD-COMMUNITY-CHALLENGE/m-p...)
And this post will probaby disapeared soon, I would not be surprised.
What is the point to be a COMMUNITY Manager if the only things you are doing is just killing the community here seriously ???
Really please, tell me, I am really wondering !?! Are you really paid for that ?!
Then EA, give us cash, coins or gems please since we have been more useful for this forum than all your CM Large smile

@MAGICDAVESHROOM Go check reddit PvZ forum, you will see it is quite active there.
And the community manager there is DOING HIS JOB - answering to people - and I think people are less suspicious there because there is COMMUNICATION between players and EA.
Silence is never a good option.

Message 3 of 9 (807 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
EA do occasionally check our posts because I've been given a couple of warnings for posting screenshots showing chEAter's player names, but i can't get answers from EA help center (they refer me back to this forum, the reason i tried the help center was because i couldn't get answers from this forum). OH THE IRONY
VICTORY TO MEEEEE!!!!!!🇬🇧
Message 4 of 9 (683 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@MAGICDAVESHROOM

I could not for the life of me understand why EA are so damned sensitive over screenshots that display an opponent's name. It's not as if the names used are something like "Peter", or "Peter Harris".

I can't think that anyone would be naive enough to ever use their own name, but instead go for a nickname that bears no traceable relationship to them. (Do EA believe that my real name is 'Humplemann'?) BUT even if some people did use their own name there have to be tens of thousands of people in the western world with the name "Peter" and thousands with the name "Peter Harris" so the chances of pinpointing exactly who they are is miniscule.  

With recent revelations concerning the fact that Names/Nicknames chosen by players are altered by EA, so "Peter" or "Peter Harris" would be substituted with something like "Obiwan567" puts a whole different slant on the issue. EA aren't concerned about real people being 'Named and shamed'. Their concerns lie elsewhere.

The chances are that in instances where an opponent's massive score just doesn't stack up with their either low level or mismatched plants - OR their use of prohibited plants would indicate that the 'Opponent' was, in fact an EA Bot, and they don't want people broadcasting the names they attach to those Bots in case they crop up so frequently that it becomes too obvious.

Hell! They initially wouldn't even admit to their use of bots, or that there were cheaters. Now it seems that many of those 'Suspect' opponents and 'Cheats' could be traced directly back to EA.

Message 5 of 9 (677 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

I've stopped reporting suspicious opponents to EA because i think EA is the big "chEAt" and reporting suspicious play only helps them get better at it and less noticeable. I had to learn how to take screenshots just to capture dodgy opponents to report them and this strEAk killing, apparently also by EA is really p*****g me off. I had a streak of 10 just ended by another dodgy "opponent" and i STILL have no idea if I'm the only human being in one of however many jade leagues there are (they won't tell me) so i don't know if it's worth the getting the 180 crowns to become number one again this week.
I have noticed that the really blatant and obvious chEAting of a few months ago has stopped but I've been reporting suspicious play in good faith via the help center only for them to slap "case slosed" on it. My highest streak yet was 44 (not much to the big boys) got ended by one of these "chEAtbots" and i hadn't got 70 gems to continue and again nothing was done. Case closed.

This is a job for HUMPLEMANN!!!!!!

Message 6 of 9 (668 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@MAGICDAVESHROOM wrote:

I've reported several instances of dodgy play/players to EA before now and, like you, got diddly-squat by way of results. I expect they filed them all away in their dedicated "Complaints and reports of cheaters" storage unit. (You know the one - it's usually green, square, open topped and lives by the side of the desk.)

Like you, I now firmly believe that they use any details provided in complaints to fine tune their killer bots to make them less obtrusive.

The thing is that they seem to think we're so dumb we won't realize what they're doing. THEN they have a representative on Reddit who speaks openly about all the things they keep denying on here. 

And they think WE'RE dumb!

Message 7 of 9 (656 Views)

★ Guide

And after all the so-called cheater reporting.. EA admitted they were not going to ban any accounts.

In my days, we would have got a rope.

So why should I not just also install a hex editor when I play?

Message 8 of 9 (649 Views)

Champion

@Humplemann wrote:

@MAGICDAVESHROOM wrote:

I've reported several instances of dodgy play/players to EA before now and, like you, got diddly-squat by way of results. I expect they filed them all away in their dedicated "Complaints and reports of cheaters" storage unit. (You know the one - it's usually green, square, open topped and lives by the side of the desk.)

Like you, I now firmly believe that they use any details provided in complaints to fine tune their killer bots to make them less obtrusive.

The thing is that they seem to think we're so dumb we won't realize what they're doing. THEN they have a representative on Reddit who speaks openly about all the things they keep denying on here. 

And they think WE'RE dumb!

Thsi is part of the reason I have now stopped playing Battlez for the league but only for the free gems.

Message 9 of 9 (634 Views)