EA new mega bot form of cheating

by debeee65

Original Post

Re: EA new mega bot form of cheating

★★★★★ Expert

Unreal.   Yes indeed, not a highly intelligent move on the part of EA to be so blatant.

Must be taking lessons from the current US President !  :-)

Message 21 of 63 (870 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@debeee65 wrote:

So you actually agree with me

given that any real player couldn’t achieve that, it is appalling on the part of EA to set that stuff up. It is only to stack their coffers

There are 'real' people who have already gained access to future plants, including all the planned mints and the new breed of peashooters. They do so by downloading hacked data files.

I have seen videos on YouTube where the uploader scrolls through their plants grid while selecting plants and this sometimes reveals all 14 of the mints and the new peashooters are lined up at the bottom of the table.

While many of us suspect that EA/Popcap are not above utilizing 'questionable' tactics, I don't believe even they would resort to something that's so obvious.

I believe it's down to hackers whose skills are so inadequate that they can't win without cheating, and they also don't have the sense they were born with so they upgrade everything without thinking how stupid they're being.

Message 22 of 63 (858 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I've seen some of those videos and noticed the full set of powermints, most haven't been released yet.

I've reached the stage where I'm starting to max out a few plants (or so i thought) or taken certain plants as far as i want to go because the negligible gains in things like recharge times or a minor toughness boost aren't worth the extra 175,000 coins or so to max it out, even though i have the seeds to do so.

Now this mastery b*ll*cks has come out and imho it's just another way to generate revenue.

When players start maxing out their supposedly already maxed out plants will yet more plant boosting schemes start popping up?

I don't think I'll bother with it.

Remember how easy and cheap it was to ugrade your first plant?

Sunflower L1-L2 was 10 seed packets and 1,000 coins.

I shall try to resist the lure of mastery and stop at level 10.

I'm still working on the HUMPLEMINT, if anyone has any leftover weapons grade plutonium please let me know.

Message 23 of 63 (851 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@Humplemann wrote:

@debeee65 wrote:

So you actually agree with me

given that any real player couldn’t achieve that, it is appalling on the part of EA to set that stuff up. It is only to stack their coffers

There are 'real' people who have already gained access to future plants, including all the planned mints and the new breed of peashooters. They do so by downloading hacked data files.

I have seen videos on YouTube where the uploader scrolls through their plants grid while selecting plants and this sometimes reveals all 14 of the mints and the new peashooters are lined up at the bottom of the table.

While many of us suspect that EA/Popcap are not above utilizing 'questionable' tactics, I don't believe even they would resort to something that's so obvious.

I believe it's down to hackers whose skills are so inadequate that they can't win without cheating, and they also don't have the sense they were born with so they upgrade everything without thinking how stupid they're being.

In which case, EA should be busting their ar*es and cleaning them from the game, either way, EA is complicit

Message 24 of 63 (830 Views)

★★ Novice

I have encountered a great number of these “opponents” with M200 level plants, and lost of course.  Typically I encounter them when I hit level 9 or 10 in Jade league.  I have learned to NEVER pay gems to maintain my streak. It's a fool's errand to do so.  

If these so called “master” level plants have truly been earned by real players (idiots?) pouring real money into this game, then I feel sorry for them. If you are reading this, please get a life!  I only ever paid real money just once to buy a plant, and already regret doing that. It's bad enough suffering the ads, from which EA earns real money, much less giving them any more of my hard earned dough by buying plants, gems, etc.

I don’t have any problem coming 1st or 2nd in Jade league with my free plants as long as I put the hours in playing the same stupid game over and over and over.  As I type this, I wonder why I am stupid enough to think that this boring repetition is entertaining?  At least hamsters running in a wheel are getting exercise...

Message 25 of 63 (807 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

For me the enticement is the various challenges.  I agree that some the repitition in BattleZ can be down right droll...

But at the end of the week the reward makes it all worthwhile !!

I equate Mints with Pokemon...gotta get 'em all !

Message 26 of 63 (802 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Not sure about the rest of you but for me there are definitely less of the mega bots in Battlez this round, although just had one now

007A2336-C2D5-4710-AC9B-55998F344940.jpeg
Message 27 of 63 (765 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

In Wood League ?  Ouch !

Message 28 of 63 (737 Views)

★★ Novice

Here's a screenshot showing not only further proof of the ridiculously high level bots being generated by the EA system, but also proof that they can actually be beaten!!  If the various M200 level plants were real, they would have beaten me easily, which suggests that the score that the M200 level bots actually achieve is equally fictitious.

interestingly, after I beat 3 of these bots at the 10 thru 12 level, my opponents went back to being ordinary level plants.  So it seems that the EA modus operandi is to try to beat you down with a series of bots and then match you against recordings of real players if you manage to weather the storm.

BA82B177-CB2B-4D73-869E-6C07A1F7C00E.jpeg
Message 29 of 63 (727 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Congratulations.  Interesting theory that seems reasonable.  Down with EA Bots !!

Message 30 of 63 (722 Views)