Re: EA new mega bot form of cheating

by Anonymous

Original Post

Champion

Could it be that after M200, it goes lVL11 ??

Message 41 of 63 (683 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

After M200 ?    LOL

Can't they wait a bit before letting loose an update to mastery ?

Me thinks not all the bugs are done showing up yet !!

Message 42 of 63 (675 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@eieio_31310 wrote:

Or super-mastery, mega-mastery or even super-mega-mastery.

Just as long as we keep on watching those ads.

Message 43 of 63 (657 Views)

Anonymous

@MAGICDAVESHROOM wrote:

@eieio_31310 wrote:

Or super-mastery, mega-mastery or even super-mega-mastery.

Just as long as we keep on watching those ads.

I actually got that L11 Lily again. But with a different "player" name and avatar. 

Those are wizarding levels. Haha! 

Reading one too many Harry Potter books... Go Ravenclaw! 

Message 44 of 63 (650 Views)

★ Guide

There are 2 sides to EA's streak breaking strategy.  Yes they come up with ridiculous plant combinations for the computer generated opponents, and they assign high scores to them, but they also depress real player's scores.

I've been plotting my scores and I average 704,200 - not counting the breaker games.  One out of 6 games, no matter how well I play, even if I make no mistakes in plant placement or whatever, I end up with a ridiculously low score below 480,000 - that is 22 standard deviations from the mean

The title of this thread is right on - EA form of cheating.

What amazes me is that many players think its OK for EA to do this because eventually a players plants level up and they get past this phase.

Message 45 of 63 (624 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Why would players think that they "get past" this?

It still shows up at any level of play !!  Juts be sure to have enough GEMs available to pay the GEM tax.

I agree that there is score suppression as well as creating final scores...

Message 46 of 63 (619 Views)

★ Guide

If 2 real players were playing a head-to-head game and in the first 30 seconds player 1 got two low level zombies, and two mid-level zombies while player 2 only got 1 low-level zombie, 1 zombie in the first 30 seconds of play, - we'd say that the players weren't playing on a fair and level playing field right?

This is exactly what EA does to players facing its own EA computer-generated opponents.  

If one player were able to reduce the number of zombies that his opponent would encounter - thus lowering the opponent's score and winning the match, we'd say that player was cheating.  

There is no other way to characterize what EA is doing to people in Battlez except cheating.

Message 47 of 63 (600 Views)

Anonymous

Or you can look at it in the server resources management perspective: Several million requests of recordings but only a few hundred thousands available. Instead of holding the servers hostage, deploy or push bots to end users. This makes sense in business and server resource economics. Enticing players to buy gems with real money is just an added bonus for them. The deployed bots may not necessarily know your high scores (the parsing of scores from every record can be too taxing for the servers). Your best chance would be to beat the threshold (highest bot score).

All this is just how I see it. I could be very wrong. But c'mon, just try to have fun and enjoy the game. Shrug off your losses and move on. This is supposed to be a stress reliever not a stressor.

Happy planting! 

Message 48 of 63 (594 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Interesting perspective of EA's problem...

I always wondered if I would actually have to wait for a live opponent to be available !

FYI, I have yet to wait and I am not disappointed at all

A player spending real currency on GEMs, and coins, and plants etc has a legitimate beef to feel cheated (I have felt cheated at times and I spend very little currency but plenty of my time on the game)

Message 49 of 63 (583 Views)

Anonymous

Ok, just to be clear, I'm not defending EA. Licking their a*s won't do me any good. I feel that sting too. I just don't want these losses to add to my already stressful life. So the other half of my brain rationalizes the situation. There you go.

Message 50 of 63 (576 Views)