Re: EA new mega bot form of cheating

by TempJmag

Original Post

★ Guide

How long have you been in soil league? I would think a player with M100+ plants would be out of the soil league in 1 week right? 

Message 11 of 63 (981 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

"Million Instructions per Second"

Actually it takes almost no computing power to flip an attribute from x to Mxxx, I was just saying that it didn't need to be done by an actual person pushing a button.  In the case of the manufactured accounts, I don't think the accounts get manipulated, I think that when they're generated now, some of the EA accounts now have M200 plants.

Message 12 of 63 (977 Views)

Anonymous

I think I've been in the soil league for two days already... My profile is only around 8 weeks old. I had a 7 year old profile that I lost due to a buggy phone. I was not using cloud sync before since I haven't played for years and I had no idea they could be sync'ed. So, in short, I'm fairly new to all of this.

With the coming sling peashooter event, I don't mind just staying in the lower league again. Hahaha! Easy-peasy opponents! The evil in me...

I doubt if EA would bump me back to Jade league. And besides, the monster profiles I encounter there are just soul-crushing at times.

Message 13 of 63 (970 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@TempJmag wrote:

Also, IMO, EA doesn't have bots.  I don't think anyone ever plays against a computer.  IMO, EA creates a player name, some sort of semi-random selection of plants, and then they assign a score which 9 times out of 10 is higher than whatever score you achieved.  The distinction may be lost on some people, so whatever...

WRONG!

Haemophilus_EA, the EA representative on Reddit, has said that Bots are used during the first few hours of any tournament to assist with getting recordings for use later on.

She has also said that Bots will also be used in the event of any player having a particularly slow internet connection that makes syncing with a real player, or one of their recordings, impossible.

As for the level 200 Mastery after such a short time - that has to be down to dumb hackers who think everyone else is as dumb as them and won't notice.

Message 14 of 63 (962 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@Anonymous wrote:
What are MIPS? Sorry, I'm a noob...

Millions Instructions Per Second.

Probably means computers are faster than people.

(Obviously never seen me go for the last biscuit).

Message 15 of 63 (956 Views)

Anonymous

I actually now what MIPS is. I thought it was a sort of a lingo here in the forum. Like I said, I am new here. Anyway, thanks Standard smile

Have a biscuit Standard smile

Message 16 of 63 (953 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@debeee65 wrote:
Add your dodgey bot mastery level screenshots here

Found this on reddit.

Screenshot_2018-11-11-17-36-57.png
Message 17 of 63 (932 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Gee, first run of the morning. Gonna give the game a break until they pare this stuff back. Absolute *.

99BDBC95-8D09-45F7-9810-6711085F6983.jpeg
Message 18 of 63 (925 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
M200 on sling pea shooter... don’t reckon!
Message 19 of 63 (924 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

So you actually agree with me

given that any real player couldn’t achieve that, it is appalling on the part of EA to set that stuff up. It is only to stack their coffers

Message 20 of 63 (922 Views)