Re: Do costumes do anything?

by Belldandy333

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Do costumes do anything?

★★★★★ Expert

There are a variety of costumes for sale, either for gemz or coinz in the shop that change daily and i want to know is what they actually do, or are they a fad ?

Do players who use costumed plants gain an advantage over naked plants?

If so, what and could you tell us about costumed plants you own and their enhanced abilities (if any)?

I've just bought shrinking violet a new outfit👗 so we can go out and have a pizza and see a movie.🍕🎥

Or was i wasting 10 gemz?

💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎

👍or👎?

Screenshot_2018-06-24-16-10-48.png
Message 1 of 15 (2,659 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Champion

Question:  Do costumes do anything?

Answer :  Yes, they generate cash for EA. 

View in thread

Message 5 of 15 (2,973 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Guide

They do nothing more than having a new look for your plants.
And wasting your gems in it Thinking

Message 2 of 15 (2,632 Views)

★ Guide

Aesthetics only...

Message 3 of 15 (2,626 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Apprentice

Buying costumes for your plants is equivalent to buying skins in other games. There is no benefit other than showing off its looks

Message 4 of 15 (2,613 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

Question:  Do costumes do anything?

Answer :  Yes, they generate cash for EA. 

Message 5 of 15 (2,974 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@MAGICDAVESHROOM

Costumes do nothing to enhance the plants, other than making them look different.

Over the time I've been playing P vs Z 2 I have acquired a few costumes, but only through being awarded them after a Pinata Party.

I then experienced a glitch with the Pinata Party about 2 weeks ago. I went to play it, but it locked up. I thought I'd lost out on whatever seeds packets I may have won, but I was offered a replay in return for playing an advert once I'd restarted. I did it and played the 'replay'. I then claimed the rewards. I was surprised when I found the 2,500 coins award. (FIRST TIME EVER!!)

When I'd finished, I found I was being offered another replay. I played it and when I claimed the rewards I hit the 2,500 coins award - AGAIN!!

I then found I was being offered yet another replay and this carried on right through the rest of the day. I wasn't about to lose out on such an opportunity, so I spent quite some time at various points through the day playing adverts, then replaying the party and claiming more seed packets and every time I hit the 2,500 coins!!

During that process I gained around 250,000 coins, numerous seed packets AND no less than 23 plant costumes! 

Since acquiring all those free costumes, I can assure you that none of the plants I got costumes for performed any differently.

Bottom line is, DON'T waste your precious gems on costumes.  Perhaps use coins, but not gems.

Message 6 of 15 (2,595 Views)

★ Guide

I just realized this week you actually can buy more than ONE costume per plant.

Great to know, useless in strategy though. Ahah!

Message 7 of 15 (2,565 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Some days there are indeed costume you can buy with gems and costume you can buy with coins but it is not often.

Message 8 of 15 (2,559 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
I bought a natty yellow and black cap for dusklobber then along came a mauve hairdo and i bought that as well but it REPLACED the cap so instead of me having a choice it's either mauve hairdo or nothing. (Tap on tiny costume logo to remove/ add costume).
Message 9 of 15 (2,449 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
I want to correct my last post, if you have more than one costume then tap on the little green t shirt to cycle costumes.
Also found out that costumes do have an effect when plantfood is applied (according to fandom). I'm going to check this out and will probably start a new post.
Message 10 of 15 (2,368 Views)