Dead Man's Booty level is bugged -- will not end

by ckevin00

Original Post

Dead Man's Booty level is bugged -- will not end

★★★ Newbie

No more zombies are coming out, but my plants keep firing at the upper right corner of the board.  The zombie track is all the way at the end (I've cleared the whole level as far as I can tell, including the final wave) but it won't end!

Worst thing is, I'm at level 138.  I do NOT want to have to start over from level 1 again. Frown

Message 1 of 19 (6,606 Views)

Re: Dead Man's Booty level is bugged -- will not end

[ Edited ]
★ Novice
While i'm not an expert, that sounds to me like the level had been corrupted and you will need to start over again. Yes I know how that feels, I have betten Zomboss but it won't save because the level is corrupted, however, before you start over, ask someone else for difrent opinions.

EA, please fix this level corruption problem!
Message 2 of 19 (6,487 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I experienced the same problem on level 151.  I hit the home button on my iPad in mid-game, and then went back in to the game and the level would not end.  Like ckevin there is no way I am going to do this again, took too many hours.  Popcap, can you please at least let us know if you are working on this?  I don't see why the bug can't be fixed so that when I reopen the game after an update the level will end normally.  Thanks for your help.

Message 3 of 19 (6,431 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I'm only on level 26 and have hit the same problem.

What's worse; I can't restart since "save and exit" saves the bugged game-state.

To give a little more info for you guys at popcap (who, on a side note, are awesome):

The level configuration is as follows: all of the lanes span the full screen (eg, no seagulls) except for the bottom-most lane which is four squares long.

The glitch appears to result in an invisable, 0-damaga-dealing zombie on the second to top lane which does not seem to move from the square farthest to the right (I'm thinking it might be a midget-cannon).

I have experimented with all the plants Ibrought into the level to no avail;

-kernal-pults and winter melons will all fire at this same spot if they are on that row.

-snap dragons in any of the 3 right-most squares on the suspect lane and the lanes adjacent to it will attack but no response anywhere else. 

-tall-nuts take no damage regardless of how long they are left in that (or any) square.

-cherry bombs and manually-launched lawnmowers have no effect.

-spikerocks will attack if placed on the suspect square but will take no damage (such as if they were attacked by a gargantaur or rolled-over).

Is there any way to manually reset the progress I've made in this challenge (or even just reset the level, even if that means going in without plant food, or other progress markers)?

Please fix this bug. I imagine (pardon my ignorance if this is not the case) that a timer-checker in the Dead Man's Booty levels which would despawn then restart/respawn any zombies which neither move, take damage, nor take status effects over a given period of time might help. More likely, it could just be a memory leak from something like a midget cannon or midget barrel being destroyed when an effect (EG the butter from a kernal-pult or the slow of the winter melon) being applied to the object as it despawns from being destroyed by it's own properties (the cannon's self destruct or the barrel breaking on a spikerock). 

Message 4 of 19 (6,379 Views)

★★ Novice
Yeah what happened to mine was we just had BARELY won and I think the game is in denial so just as I killed the last group of zombies paying out to use the electricity power up instead of the bag of coins popping up, it just sat there. Sun keeps falling, plants keep hitting something on the bottom of the right hand screen forever but the game is just stuck. Restarting the phone/game makes no difference and it's been 2 days like that
Message 5 of 19 (5,998 Views)

★★★ Newbie
At level 19. Game got "hung" when I used a cherry bomb to blow up cannon. I can add or take away plants and collect sun, but I can not end...
Message 6 of 19 (5,863 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, the same (i.e. no more zombies come out, one line of plants keep firing and this goes on with no end...) happened to me at the level 384. Wonder if any of you got this fixed anyhow?

Message 7 of 19 (5,776 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
This same thing happened to me when I used a cherry bomb to blow up the cannons. And I can't even restart it. My only options are "Resume" or "Save," and it saves the corrupted version.
Message 8 of 19 (5,668 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I'm on level 180!!!! I got to the last wave and the last few zombies were coming out but I had to stop suddenly ( I was at work) I clicked save and exit and then when I went back I noticed something weird....one of the cannons that shoot out the imps just floated across the screen and disappeared. It was weird but the game continued. I only played for a few seconds when I had to stop again, when I went back there were no zombies and my winter melon kept firing on a misty like area in the bottom right hand corner. There is nothing there bit they keep firing. I tried all the power ups but nothing. I'm wondering of the imp cannon that "glitched" is where they keep firing. I don't know what to do, I really hoped that no could continue my awesome streak but it seems like I won't.
Message 9 of 19 (5,648 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Have the same problem on Dead Man's Booty endless level 64, all enemy waves ended, but my plants in row 2 from bottom keep firing to the other side endlessly with no enemy ever coming out.

Message 10 of 19 (5,602 Views)