Re: Dazey Chain

by lawmfw

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dazey Chain

★★★★★ Expert

My Almanac has a new plant; Dazey Chain !

To be unlocked in the very near future ??

Message 1 of 17 (2,595 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Level 5 achieved for Dazey Chain. 

Now to experience how it defends the lawn !!

View in thread

Screenshot_20190613-113925_Plants Vs Zombies 2.jpg
Screenshot_20190613-113936_Plants Vs Zombies 2.jpg
Message 15 of 17 (2,893 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I assume that it will be the prize for the next Season of Battlez, similar to Zoybean right now.

Message 2 of 17 (2,537 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Coming week introduces Daizy Chain, portals and dinosaurs to BattleZ Seasons !   Ought to be quite the challenge and absolutely chaotic !!

Message 3 of 17 (2,439 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Reach 150 crowns and you do receive the 50 seed packets necessary to unlock Dazey Chain.

Message 4 of 17 (2,387 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Level 1 Dazey Chain can clear Ancient Egypt Day 1 with no outside help from other plants except for SUN !

Level 1 Dazey Chain in Modern Day 1 and Day 2 was helpful to Shadow Peashooter (Level 1) but does need help for the Far Future Zombies in Day 1 and Gargantuar.in Day 2

Message 5 of 17 (2,379 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Woo hoo! I'm not getting high scores in this Battlez but not doing as bad as I was in Wasabi - nice not to be toast, even with marmalade - so worth it to get Dazey Chain, then.

I also like the rewards you get every 20 crowns or so.

Message 6 of 17 (2,353 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Dazey Chain sure is pretty with sweet animation but the jury is still out as to effectiveness..I prefer explosions to stunning so probably not one of my new favorites to use.

I agree about the new tweak to the rewards.  I just wish the size of the box was bigger so that the values are easier to view without a magnifying glass !

Message 7 of 17 (2,347 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@lawmfw wrote:

Dazey Chain sure is pretty with sweet animation but the jury is still out as to effectiveness..I prefer explosions to stunning so probably not one of my new favorites to use.

I've just got my Dazey Chain up to level 4 and I'm finding it's proving quite effective in Adventure mode. It's less effective in Battlez, but I fancy it's still better than level 5 Zoybean Pods. (It's also REALLY noisy.)

In testing I've found that three columns will annihilate the zombies on Pirate seas Day 22. (A plan your defense level)

On Modern day Day 37 (Another Plan your defense level) two columns aren't quite strong enough to deal with the Brick Head zombies. I did try using Spearmint and then digging up the Spikerocks for extra sun. I could then plant another column of Dazey Chains and they held their own.

It was a different story on Ancient Egypt Day 33 (Another PYD level, but with Gargs and Torch Zombies.) It took two uses of Spearmint and digging up the Spikerocks so I could afford 4 columns of Dazey Chains. Those four columns were just enough to win through. If the Dazey Chains came in at full strength right away after planting then three columns MIGHT have won through, but because they start off weak and build up over time they weren't strong enough.

I now need a further 500 crowns to get to level 5, so it'll be quite a while before I can say how much better an additional level will make it. (So don't hold your breath.)

Message 8 of 17 (2,333 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Awesome input Humplemann.  Thank you for sharing it.  Pirate Seas Day 22 is one of my favorites to just setup and watch but I will give this a try.  I have been hearing the comments about the noise level so I will have to turn on my sound and have an experience !!

I turned on the sound last night and yes indeed, once I had three Dazey Chains on the lawn I had to turn the volume all the way down !!  Almost off !

level 1 Dazey Chain does require 3 columns of Dazey Chains to complete Pirate Seas Day 22

Level 4 Dazey Chain Sunday morning...will duplicate tonight's efforts but expect little to change !

Finally a reason to try Contain-mint.  How much boost will it give to Dazey Chain !

Message 9 of 17 (2,330 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Anyone else notice the $9.99 USD offer for 100 Dazey Chain seed packets ?

Message 10 of 17 (2,279 Views)