Re: Constant crashing upon launch (After new update)

by dalgire

Original Post

Constant crashing upon launch (After new update)

★ Novice

I updated the app the day of the new update. Downloaded the content but seconds after reaching the menu the games sound will corrupt (like repeat quickly then stop) before the app completely crashes. This happens every time I launch the app! I've tried closing all my other open apps and restarted my device. I've spent a lot of money on this game over the years and really just want to get back into the new update.

Help would be appreciated!

Message 1 of 8 (1,699 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same issue. Running the game on iPad, tried deleting and reinstalling, hard reboot of iPad and disabling usage sharing. Still crashes. Very frustrating. 

Message 2 of 8 (1,557 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Try to log in, in airplaine mode

Message 3 of 8 (1,445 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have this same problem on my iPad, and it started around February 17.  I contacted EA technical support and they came up with the "brilliant" advice to play the game in "airplane mode" (and promptly closed the case that I had opened with them); this solution is unacceptable – while it does allow you to play the game, you cannot "level up" your plants because the quests that allow you access to seed packets require a live connection.  You also cannot purchase new plants (although I already own most of them), nor can you spend gems to obtain seed packets. 

Message 4 of 8 (1,304 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here. Works in airplane mode. But crashes constantly after 10 seconds with internet connection. Using iPad.

Message 5 of 8 (1,293 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I downloaded the last update and the game worked fine for a while. I play on both an iPad and iPhone. On Saturday suddenly the game kept crashing on the iPad, but still worked on the phone. On Sunday the game worked on my phone until the afternoon, when it suddenly started crashing just like the iPad and hasn't worked since.

It's useless to play in airplane mode. I play multiple times a day to complete the quests and upgrade my plants, which won't work without an internet connection. I put up with the ads, I've spent money on plants. I just want the game to work again.

Message 6 of 8 (1,202 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Same here. Started on 3/1/17. Trying to contact EA is worthless. The Help pages are terrible. Obvious EA did "something" and now will not own up to it.

Message 7 of 8 (1,145 Views)

★★★ Newbie
They did the same thing to me! I hope they come up with a solution soon because it's like the only game I play 😔.
Message 8 of 8 (1,109 Views)