Chronic game crashing issue

by ShayGuevaraW7

Original Post

Chronic game crashing issue

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hi There,
I have Plants vs Zombies 2 installed on my Samsung Galaxy Tablet 2. It's been working ok with no issues until about four or five months ago when it started freezing/crashing immediately after an advert was played. It got better for a while about 3 months ago (I assumed an update was responsible for this).

However it's back to freezing after playing an advert, or additionally if I wake up the tablet from screen saver mode (even if it has only been on screensaver mode for seconds/minutes). The only way to correct the issue is to close and open the game again, or in many cases by minimising PVZ2 or switching to a new app, before maximising or switching back to PVZ2.
No other app on my tablet does this, and I've only had the tablet for 7-8 months.

This is irritating enough, but is compounded by the 'freeze screen' that the app crashes into when this happens: the screen turns into any number of corrupted images or image fragments..... and I don't know how else to put it - but they make my skin crawl, and the more I'm exposed to them the stronger my immediate reaction. It's incredibly, incredibly off-putting and it's happening so frequently now ( guaranteed to happen at least once nearly every time I play), that I am avoiding opening the app at all, which is a shame because the game's a great occasional distraction for 10-15mins.
If I do play I quickly close the screen when a corrupted screen appears with my eyes half closed. I promised myself I'd screenshot a series of pictures to send which I have done (no small feat I can tell you given my trypophobia).

Is there something I can do to stop this freeze/crashing? Shall I uninstall and reinstall the app altogether? Will I lose my profile (I finished Adventure mode and I have several gem-bought and free plants at decent levels)?

TL:DR My PVZ2 app on my android tablet crashes after adverts or after returning from screensaver mode. The crash screens are unpleasant to look at (attached 3 examples). Is there something I can do to stop this freeze/crashing?
Shall I uninstall and reinstall the app altogether? Will I lose my profile (I finished Adventure mode and I have several gem-bought and free plants at decent levels).

Plants Vs Zombies 2_2019-04-26-12-15-06.png
Plants Vs Zombies 2_2019-04-25-21-35-08.png
Plants Vs Zombies 2_2019-04-23-09-42-54.png
Message 1 of 7 (11,175 Views)

Re: Chronic game crashing issue

★★★★ Novice

Dear EA, 

I posted the above message over 3 weeks ago and as far as I can see I haven't been given even the courtesy of a "thanks for your message" response.

This is a really significant problem, that is at minimum irritating in having to restart the game, and at maximum pretty offputting. 

Maybe there haven't been the tons of corrupted screen complaints that you need as the threshold for actually fixing bugs (though I hope that's not how you operate! ) but it is still nevertheless a bug that does not happen with any other app on my tablet. 

If there's a customer support email/number that I should be using rather than posting here(?), I'm more than happy to be redirected. 

Best wishes Shay

Message 2 of 7 (11,063 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

This is a forum for pvz/ pvz2 issues that players can occasionally help with, EA employees seldom come here and if you need to contact EA HELP CENTER then tap on "HELP CENTER" at the bottom of the page and tell them your problem by email.

Message 3 of 7 (11,055 Views)

Community Manager

@ShayGuevaraW7 

Thanks for reaching out to us about this and we'll do our best to get around to you faster. If you're experiencing a technical issue like that the best thing we recommend doing is the mobile troubleshooting steps I have in the link below. As long as you link up your game to a Google Play or Apple account, your game progress will not be deleted since it's saved to the cloud.

A lot of times with mobile games, simply restarting the device or reinstalling the game it will fix technical woes. Sorry to hear this is happening and keep us updated!

How to sync to the cloud and mobile troubleshooting

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Plants-vs-Zombies-2/Account-amp-Mobile-Help-Look-here/m-p/7883871#M9093

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 7 (11,043 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks @EA_Blueberry. I have just tried uninstalling/reinstalling the application but I'm afraid the issue still persists (in fact as soon as I registered my account to get my backed up data, the screen turned into an odd pattern of green fragments rather than go to the startup screen - very disappointed to experience the same problem so soon after reinstalling!).

I've just let an Ad play and then waited a bit for my screen to go to sleep temporarily; when I reactivated it to go back to the game screen it crashed into one of the warped pictures again, and I had to reload it. Highly frustrating. I'd really appreciate if this issue could be escalated if at all possible?

In the meantime I will also contact EA Help as recommended by @MAGICDAVESHROOM. thanks again! Shay

Message 5 of 7 (11,009 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks @MAGICDAVESHROOM . I did in fact get to this forum via the EA_Help page initially, it directs users with bugs here:

"Did you find a bug in your game? Tell us about it on Answers HQ or use the Report a bug category when you contact us."

(https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/mobile/troubleshooting-steps-for-android/)

Nonetheless I take your point that EA employees may not always check this forum, I'll also send a direct email! regards, Shay

Message 6 of 7 (11,007 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@ShayGuevaraW7 My gf with an Samsung mobile (fairly new) got an issue similar to this. Watching an add to the end for coins, black screen and no way of getting back to the game. No graphical corruptions though.
Message 7 of 7 (10,418 Views)