Can't make purchases in game

by rufasah

Original Post

Can't make purchases in game

★★★ Newbie
Hi there, 

I want to make purchases in the game but the game doesn't allow me to. I have two accounts in the Google play store (one is personal and one is work email). I downloaded the game with my personal email and it shows me I'm logged in to my personal email when I'm playing the game.

However, whenever I want to purchase something in the game, the game would try and use my work email as a payment method. My work email doesn't allow me to add payment methods. I can only make purchases with my personal email account in Google play store.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game with my usual Gmail account in the play store. I have double checked I'm logged into the right email when I'm in game for achievements and progress. I have also tried contacting support on the EA games website but I can't seem to do that properly (the website doesn't allow me to write anything about what I want to report on). What do I do? My ID in game is Rufah, and happy to provide more information if need be. 

I hope you understand my frustration. I love the PVZ franchise and I want to show my support through monetary purchases. Thank you for your consideration and I hope you reply soon. 

Kind regards, 
Ruthur

Message 1 of 2 (299 Views)

Re: Can't make purchases in game

★★★★★ Expert

@rufasah Apparently, this is a known issue related to having multiple Google accounts on one device. You can try and contact Google. I don't think it is an issue EA can solve. 

You can read about it here: https://support.google.com/googleplay/thread/27929088?hl=en

The only way is to remove your second account, make the purchase, and add the second account again.

Message 2 of 2 (261 Views)