Re: Can't link Pvz 2 account via email due to hotmail domain.

by Del3tus

Original Post

Can't link Pvz 2 account via email due to hotmail domain.

★ Novice

When trying to link my pvz2 account I am unable to do so because of the email having a hotmail domain. I tried with Gmail domains but it worked but with hotmail domains it doesn't work. Problem is I cannot access my other device. I know the email but it won't work. Can you help, thanks.

Message 1 of 10 (990 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@Del3tus 

As far as i know the only reason for having trouble with the email registration system is that when using Autofil you get a blank space after the email address that must be removed.

If you registered your account then you must use the email address you registered your account with.

Message 2 of 10 (961 Views)

★ Novice

@MAGICDAVESHROOMI just went on the game and double checked that there was no extra spaces or any errors in the email name but I always get the error message: Registration Error. Failed to register. Please try again later. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game but there has been no success.

Message 3 of 10 (952 Views)

Community Manager
@Del3tus To confirm are you trying to access your progress on a new device?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 4 of 10 (899 Views)

★ Novice

@EA_IlliumYes this is a new device. I have tried everyday but it always comes up with the same error. It confuses me why this email doesn't work at all.

Message 5 of 10 (839 Views)

Community Manager
@Del3tus Can you share a screenshot of the error your getting?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 6 of 10 (825 Views)

Community Manager
@Del3tus Wanted to see if you were able to find a workaround for this issue?

Illium.png

Message 7 of 10 (761 Views)

★ Novice

@EA_IlliumI was off my devices for a few days. But the image which should be attached to this reply shows the error message. I have not been able to resolve the issue yet.

Screenshot_20220302-184852_e94912bd1885944302e10d0ff8e3c3da.jpg
Message 8 of 10 (730 Views)

Community Manager
@Del3tus Thanks for this, to confirm what is the current device and OS version you're using and if possible do you remember this info on the old device that worked?

Illium.png

Message 9 of 10 (708 Views)

★ Novice

@EA_IlliumFor the second device I am unsure of the OS version but it was an apple device. The device which I am trying to connect my PVZ 2 account to is an android phone and it is andoird version 11.

Message 10 of 10 (682 Views)