Cactus Seems Really Weak for a Premium Plant

by SoulSeekerUSA

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Cactus Seems Really Weak for a Premium Plant

★★★★ Apprentice

I was thinking of buying it but after using it it just seems very weak compared to a lot of other plants.

Message 1 of 11 (885 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cactus Seems Really Weak for a Premium Plant

★★★★★ Expert

When i said cheaper i meant the cost in sun, not the price in the store.

View in thread

Message 9 of 11 (776 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

well, cactus at this moment is at the arena, and after using it I realised that it is just not the best option 4 a premium plant or a piercing plant, in fact even the boomerang plant is better.Well what i wanna say is that if u want a premium plant, go 4 electric blueberry or save some gems and go 4 shrinking violet or fire peashooter because they r kinda OP.So this guy is totally right about cactus

Message 2 of 11 (860 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@MthclEd note: i obtained shrinking violet and fire peashooter with pure saving of 200 gems
Message 3 of 11 (859 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

It's always seemed pretty weak to me as well, if it popped up to shoot balloon zombies as in pvz1 then at least that would be something.

Message 4 of 11 (839 Views)

Champion

@MAGICDAVESHROOM wrote:

It's always seemed pretty weak to me as well, if it popped up to shoot balloon zombies as in pvz1 then at least that would be something.

Totally agree.  EA dev / marketing team should have kept the PVZ1 ability for Cactus in PVZ2 but guess they just want your $$$.

Message 5 of 11 (823 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@MthclEd wrote:

well, cactus at this moment is at the arena, and after using it I realised that it is just not the best option 4 a premium plant or a piercing plant, in fact even the boomerang plant is better.Well what i wanna say is that if u want a premium plant, go 4 electric blueberry or save some gems and go 4 shrinking violet or fire peashooter because they r kinda OP.So this guy is totally right about cactus

Yeah I already have all the gem plants as well as a few prem plants.  I don't have electric blueberry, is it pretty good after a few levels?

Message 6 of 11 (807 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@SoulSeekerUSA wrotet;

Yeah I already have all the gem plants as well as a few prem plants.  I don't have electric blueberry, is it pretty good after a few levels?

Hmmmm.... a good question, on one hand it will zap away at everything but it's recharge rate is still 12 seconds even if you level it up.

I think you have to compare it to caulipower, and caulipower is definitely tha better plant of the two, when they fire at zombies if electric blueberry's target is killed before the electric bolt reaches it then it is wasted, with caulipower the hypno ray bounces off and seeks another target.

Electric blueberry is slightly cheaper than caulipower but while it's an ok plant, it's not great.

If you're after a really good plant i would recommend Witch Hazel (Halloweenish), especially if you have enchantmint.

Electric Blueberry: https://plantsvszombies.fandom.com/wiki/Electric_Blueberry

Message 7 of 11 (787 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@MAGICDAVESHROOM wrote:

@SoulSeekerUSA wrotet;

Hmmmm.... a good question, on one hand it will zap away at everything but it's recharge rate is still 12 seconds even if you level it up.

I think you have to compare it to caulipower, and caulipower is definitely tha better plant of the two, when they fire at zombies if electric blueberry's target is killed before the electric bolt reaches it then it is wasted, with caulipower the hypno ray bounces off and seeks another target.

Electric blueberry is slightly cheaper than caulipower but while it's an ok plant, it's not great.

If you're after a really good plant i would recommend Witch Hazel (Halloweenish), especially if you have enchantmint.

Electric Blueberry: https://plantsvszombies.fandom.com/wiki/Electric_Blueberry

I already have caulipower and love it.  As for pricing all the plants I see in the store are the same price.  Will witch hazel be available soon or is it a random plant?

Message 8 of 11 (778 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Message 9 of 11 (777 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@MAGICDAVESHROOM wrote:

Gotcha, thanks.

Message 10 of 11 (766 Views)