Blustacks/AVG Players

by AuntySocialite

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Blustacks/AVG Players

★★★★ Guide

I hope it's okay to ask this... I play using Bluestacks, which now that AVG is something to do with Avast (i.e. gone rubbish), to keep the game from lagging, I have to turn off hardware assisted virtualisation in AVG.

Do any of you Bluestacks/AVG users know if it's safe to watch ads within the game on the simulator for rewards, with the h.a.v. turned off?

Coffee cup Thank you in advance Coffee cup... hope you're all having a good week.

Message 1 of 7 (795 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Blustacks/AVG Players

★★★★★ Expert
@AuntySocialite Hmm....I have avast still on my laptop and is still using bluestacks... but i have never changed any other settings...it does lag sometimes, depending on the ad but i just close the game and open again. Rewards are usually still given to me anyway.

View in thread

Message 3 of 7 (752 Views)

All Replies

Champion

@AuntySocialite   Bluestacks or any other emulators are not endorsed by EA's devs, maybe you can PM @Perfume-shroom92 and discuss.

Message 2 of 7 (775 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@AuntySocialite Hmm....I have avast still on my laptop and is still using bluestacks... but i have never changed any other settings...it does lag sometimes, depending on the ad but i just close the game and open again. Rewards are usually still given to me anyway.
Message 3 of 7 (753 Views)

Re: Bluestacks/AVG Players

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Thank you both for your replies.... Much appreciate your help.

@Perfume-shroom92I have no probs getting rewards, but turning off the hardware assisted visualisation makes the game a bit faster.

Simulators should be endorsed, otherwise it's disabled-ist against nearly blind people like me who can't see well enough to play the game on a phone. Either that or make PvZ2 available for play on larger screens i.e. PCs.

Message 4 of 7 (709 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

If you're using Windows 10 you really don't need AVG, Win 10's own Defender is plenty of protection and has the least amount of performance impact vs third party solutions, This combined with uBlock Origin and safe practices and you’ll be in good shape.

I agree they should've released a PC version of PvsZ 2, the only reason I use bluestacks is so I can play on a much larger screen vs my phone.

Message 5 of 7 (680 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@AuntySocialite 

These mobile games are probably designed on big screen pcs then changed into ios/ Android versions.

I can read the tiny writing on my 17" laptop fine but on my 6" smartphone i have to screenshot and enlarge what i want to read and i find it most annoying. 👀

Message 6 of 7 (676 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I also experienced the same issue with some lag in PvZ2, sometimes the lag is so harsh, it crashes my laptop and forces it to restart.

What my experience of not much getting lag is CLOSE ANY UNNECCESSARY PROGRAMS (e.g. Google, A video game your not playing for several hours)

There is a FPS counter in the settings of Bluestacks 5, very useful to tell if my game is freezing/lagging. 

The reason I am playing PvZ2 in my laptop is because it feels better playing then my old phone because I got used to the gaming conditions of Roblox and Minecraft. The screen is much bigger that I can see the graphics properly meaning I will have good experience playing. I have good eyesight meaning I can read very tiny texts, but still I gonna use my laptop. My old phone is technically broken due to it's battery drainage from all the heavy storage kept in there for like 6 to 5 years. I was very good in my 2018 progress of my old phone as I beat Adventure Mode, Ancient Egypt plants almost level 9/10, Got ALOT of early Arena plants since 2019. I plan to save my PvZ2 phone progress aswell as my PvZ Heroes Progress, and maybe PvZ1... but the phone won't let me as it will run out of battery after 5 MINUTES. And finally I felt like a wanted to make new profile and start over from the beginning as I'm already very good at my phone progress and at the point that it's so easy.

And that is my long reason why I use Bluestacks 5 to play PvZ2, but I don't only play PvZ2 on Bluestacks 5, I play several games like it's sequels PvZ1 and PvZ Heroes.

Message 7 of 7 (441 Views)