Re: Battles opponents name: last letter

by Humplemann

Original Post

Battles opponents name: last letter

★ Apprentice

The player you get matched against seems to always be missing the last letter of their name.

Today I played Keit, Aaro, DowntownChin, EasyToBea and a bunch more.

Message 1 of 5 (652 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

silly method of keeping opps "incognito" don't you think ?

Message 2 of 5 (635 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@Peppermallow wrote:

The player you get matched against seems to always be missing the last letter of their name.

Today I played Keit, Aaro, DowntownChin, EasyToBea and a bunch more.

I'm always very wary of any 'Opponents' with an incomplete name. I've found in the past that it can often be an indication that it's a Bot.

If it IS a Bot, then there's always the possibility of it being one of the streak-killers. We all know that their existence is constantly denied, yet time and again we see and hear of players being beaten by 'Opponents' that have weird/illogical plant lineups that no human player would use and they then get unrealistically high scores for those lineups.

Whenever I see I'm up against opposition with an incomplete name I'll try to modify my tactics so I can have a scoring surge in the final few seconds of the match so there isn't sufficient time for the 'Opponent' to catch up and overtake.

Fortunately my plants are sufficiently leveled up for me to overcome many situations like that, but sometimes the scores are impossible to match no matter what I do.

When I then see the plants I was up against in the matches where I barely won, or even lost, I know beyond any doubt that it was one of the non-existent Killer Bots. I've had two instances this week where I was beaten by scores of over 3.6 million when the only attacking plant other than the statutory Snow-Pea was a level 12 Kernel-Pult.

In fact, each match I've either lost or struggled in was against lineups featuring the Kernel-Pult. And that's in a week where I'm rapidly closing in on 1,000 crowns with just two losses throughout the tournament. 

Message 3 of 5 (616 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I just have been putting up with it as a glitch, but thought it would have been solved by now.

It happens to every player name I've seen: the last character in the name seems to be missing.

I could be playing any To, Dic, or Harr! :-)  Sometimes it's funny.

Message 4 of 5 (500 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@mbradhoo 

It's not a glitch, they miss off the last letter on purpose.

Some of us know our player names by arranging to join arena at exactly the same moment as another one.

My EA Arena name is Yang Xia

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Plants-vs-Zombies-2/EA-ARENA-NAMES/td-p/8775692/page/15

Message 5 of 5 (486 Views)