Re: BATTLEZ!!!!!!!!!

by rackman70

Original Post

★★★★ Apprentice

So Here's the breakdown on what's been lost with the recent upgrades (I'm including a change made in January)

Daily

1) Daily coin purchase of seed packets - Formerly 85 seed packets on 1 plant. Now 60 seed packets for 3 plants. -20

2) No world quests (6 quests lost per day). Each of these quests awarded 3 piñatas with 7-10 seed packets per. piñata. -144

3) No severe world level daily quest. -8

That's a loss of 172 seed packets per day if you took advantage of all the quests and purchases. 

Weekly

4) No 200 gem purchases of 260 seed packets for any world, not even ancient Egypt which always had it (the other worlds rotated). That's another 20 seed packets down on a weekly purchase basis. I list this as weekly because it took 8 days to build up 200 gems. That's with an almost guaranteed 25 gems per day if you completed the gem quest and watched the commercials.  Of course, that total (25 per day) is now in question if you can't manage to win Battlez rounds because you keep running into guys who've $ purchased (or hacked) themselves up to max levels with premium plants.

So, If I manage to win all 7 of my "free" battlez rounds in a row (highly unlikely), I'll get a total of 30 seed packets (most of which are for premium plants that I don't have so can't use), 3 gauntlets and a few coins.  Since I that'll take several days unless I purchase a bunch of gauntlets (which take away from my ability to purchase seed packets with gems), That's probably 10 seed packets per day at most when averaged out.

The grand totat that's been taken from us for these "upgrades" is -160 seed packets per day (at best). This severely restricts my ability to level up my plants to do the things that originally drew me to the game, that being to solve all the world levels (including the "severe" levels). I could really care less if I can "beat" somebody else at it. It's a puzzle game I want that I play against myself, not others. It was slow enough before to upgrade the standard plants. Now it's nearly impossible.

As a whole, this upgrade just sucks!

Message 21 of 63 (2,740 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have played a hacked game and updated all world plants to maximum (up to level 20!) and the premium plants to about level 7. This took me some 500,000 gems and almost 10,000,000 coins. Knowing this and seeing you pay over $100 for 1,800 gems or 350,000 coins, makes you realise it is useless to buy gems/coins, as you will never get a plant at max level the honest way.

Message 22 of 63 (2,725 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

It is discouraging that you can't win some of the levels without premium plants or when you're playing with get-a-lifers who have leveled up to 10. Takes the fun out of it. 

Message 23 of 63 (2,652 Views)

★★★ Novice

I’m not really convinced that we’re actually versing a real person. Many times, the plants chosen by my opposition are ones you’d never choose. But today, my opponent had points between 10 and 20 000 (can’t remember what it was but I was incredulous) a short time after we’d started. I’d only had 1base level zombie come at me, cant make that score killing 1 zombie I don’t think??

Message 24 of 63 (2,621 Views)

★★ Novice

i lost two battlez against same rival. he/she/its using a repeater on level 232 & his/her/its always got the same score of 3.511.750. seems not beeing a real person.

Message 25 of 63 (2,599 Views)

★ Guide

"I’m not really convinced that we’re actually versing a real person. Many times, the plants chosen by my opposition are ones you’d never choose. But today, my opponent had points between 10 and 20 000 (can’t remember what it was but I was incredulous) a short time after we’d started. I’d only had 1base level zombie come at me, cant make that score killing 1 zombie I don’t think??"

I do think there are some computer-generated opponents that are created otherwise people would be waiting and waiting for another real person to match up with..  But I don't think EA is creating making those bots undefeatable, I think they're there just created to keep game play flowing.

Message 26 of 63 (2,571 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

I agreed that we are not really playing against real players in live play.  But would suggest EA to add better AI into paring the opponents.

As you can see from my other post that sometimes I get to play with players using just level 1 plants (I do have slightly above average level plants after many years of playing PVZ2) which makes the winning meaningless.

Just wondering if there is a way to make everyone playing using identical plants for fairness but guess this would encourage people not to upgrade their plants....

Message 27 of 63 (2,527 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi!

Just asking, what should be my ranking in BattleZ if I want to advance to the next level (League)?

If I’m in top 10, can I still forward to another level?

Thx!
Message 28 of 63 (2,452 Views)

★ Pro

@frankampcwrote:

Hi!

Just asking, what should be my ranking in BattleZ if I want to advance to the next level (League)?

If I’m in top 10, can I still forward to another level?

Thx!

Only top 3 will advance to next level and bottom 3 will fall to previous level.

Message 29 of 63 (2,445 Views)

★★★ Novice

To quoye from this site: http://plantsvszombies.wikia.com/wiki/Battlez

"Also, this mode also has several different leagues, the player gets promoted if they place top 5. If they get one of the last three spots, they will be demoted to the league before that one. Several gems and coins are rewarded in promotions."

Im confused, which is which?

Screen Shot 2018-04-17 at 3.43.43 PM.png
Message 30 of 63 (2,441 Views)