Re: BATTLEZ!!!!!!!!!

by rackman70

Original Post

Accepted Solution

BATTLEZ!!!!!!!!!

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

BATTLEZ!!!!!!!!!

We have added Ranked PVP to Plants vs Zombies 2!!!!  It’s incredible!

Beginning a Battlez Match

You’ll be able to enter a match from the new Battlez landing screen by hitting the Play button. Before the match begins, you’ll be able to select which Plants you’ve collected for use on the Lawn. You’ll then have an opportunity to plan out your Lawn’s defenses by getting some Plants out in the field before the hapless Zombies begin their attack. Use this time wisely to build the best defense you can.

How to Win

Battlez matches aren’t just about defeating wave after wave of Zombies. You’ll need to beat your opponents score, which is reflected on the big bar at the top of the screen, before time runs out.

Your side will be represented by the blue boxing glove, with your opponent appearing in red. You can use this to give you a sense of how you’re doing at a glance. If your opponent’s score suddenly jumps, they’ve probably made a big play - this may be an excellent opportunity to use some of your Plant Food to catch up. But be careful - Plant Food is a limited resource in Battlez!

Scoring Zones

While you play, you’ll likely notice a banner along the bottom of your screen, colored blue, red, and yellow. These banners represent the scoring zones, and Zombies are worth points relative to the zone they were defeated in. If a Zombie is defeated in the blue zone, they’ll be worth fewer points than a zombie defeated further away in the yellow zone.

If you’re aiming for the highest scores, try to find a way to balance your offense and defense. If you can consistently contain Zombies in the highest scoring zones and defeat them, you’ll score even higher!

Be sure to prevent the Zombies reaching your house, because they’ll trigger a Lawn Mower, and you won’t receive any points from Zombies defeated by it. However, unlike in standard Plants vs. Zombies 2 matches, the Lawn Mower will always become available again, so you won’t be able to actually lose from the Zombies reaching your house. The match will only end once the timer has run out.

Learn From Your Opponent

Every week, the Battlez map will change and you’ll face new challenges. Try experimenting with your Plants, because sometimes you’ll find your favorite loadout won’t hold up to the Zombies you’ll be facing off against, but different strategies will see you through.

At the end of each match, you’ll see your score and your opponents score, and you’ll also see what Plants each of you used. If your opponent did really well, try to see if there’s something you can do with the Plants they used. This is a great way to learn about new strategies and combos, which could give you an edge in your next match.

Master Your Strategy

The better you perform in Battlez levels, the stronger the Zombies will become. It looks like they aren’t about to take all of your showboating lying down (or shambling forward!) You can use this to your advantage - higher level zombies are worth more points when you defeat them. To go for the highest possible scores, you’ll want to drive the Zombie level up as high as possible while defeating them within the yellow scoring zone!

Zombies will increase in level as they’re defeated - the faster you defeat them, the more they’ll level up. However, Zombies will also decrease in level as they eat your Plants, or when they trigger your Lawn Mowers. What strategies can you develop to keep the increasingly more powerful Zombies at bay while still maximizing your score? Experiment with all of your plants - you may be surprised at the combinations you find!

Leaderboard & Rewards

On the new Battlez screen, you’ll be able to view your placement on the leaderboard. The leaderboard will show which League you are in, as well as your specific placement within that league compared to other players. You can improve your placement on the leaderboard, and advance to higher leagues, by earning Crowns, which are gained by winning matches.

At the end of every Tournament, you’ll earn rewards based on your leaderboard position, and the League that you’re in. Moving up into higher leagues means even greater rewards, but fiercer competition! How high can you make it?

Winning games also gets you a variety of win streak rewards, which are displayed on the bottom of the screen.

We will see you in Battlez soon - so get ready to take the fight to the Zombies as you compete to be the best on the Lawn!

Roger.png
Message 1 of 63 (8,850 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@eieio_31310 Do not accuse others of cheating. Doing so is known as naming and shaming and is against the AHQ User Rules and Guidelines - CM

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 18 of 63 (9,119 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi, I really REALLY love the new Battlez mode, but for some reason it crashes every single time i play it - on an iPad mini 4 128gb running iOS 11. Am I doing something wrong? This is my favourite game, it doesn’t usually behave this way?

please help?

Message 2 of 63 (8,712 Views)

★★ Novice
Bad pay to win leaderboard is bad.

Even assuming caulipower electric pea combo (both premium, only available with credit card -- high score exclusive to whoever purchased the most seeds to upgrade the pea) are not the only viable combo every week, the leaderboard will still go to whoever pays the most to buy gauntlets.
Message 3 of 63 (8,653 Views)

★★★ Novice

i have had this problem on the same device ipad mini so what you want to do is go into your ipad settings and mannage storgae delete any unwanted filth from your storage and simply completly shut down your ipad leave it for about 5 minute then turn it back on open the game and enjoy hours of crash free gameplay

Message 4 of 63 (8,629 Views)

★★★ Novice
i have had this problem on the same device ipad mini so what you want to do is go into your ipad settings and mannage storgae delete any unwanted filth from your storage and simply completly shut down your ipad leave it for about 5 minute then turn it back on open the game and enjoy hours of crash free gameplay
Message 5 of 63 (8,628 Views)

★★★ Novice
I do not like it ... there are no more daily missions !!! Only a fight every 3 hours!?! NO NO NO
Message 6 of 63 (8,612 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

There are P r o s and C o n s with this new feature

P r o s:  It helps passing time. (Since PVZ2 is about time…..!)

C o n s:  As one poster said, the high score are exclusively for the player with deep pockets. (I guess this exist in real life also, money buys you power and frame)

Anyway, I still enjoy this new game even when I lost to people with paid premium plants.

IMG_2413.PNG
Message 7 of 63 (8,485 Views)

★ Guide

Yep

Eventually you run into someone who is spending  a lot of money to buy premium plants.  I know EA wants to make money but I'm not going to drain my wallet getting into an arms race with a PVZ2 fanatic.  Its just a game, and there are a lot of other games out there I can spend my time playing.

Since BATTLEZ was introduced - I don't have any daily challenges.  PVZ2 is really losing its luster...

Message 8 of 63 (8,442 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Personally, I find the Battlez really boring. The same board over and over again just doesn't do it for me.  

And really, was it worth what we lost?  

No more quests every 4 hours

No more daily gem quests (actually no more daily quests period although they created a whole new quests tab for it).

We've already been ripped off on the daily game earned coin purchase of seed packets for plants.  Up until January of this year I could buy up to 85 seed packets for a random plant every day (60 for $20,000; 20 for $5,000; and 5 for $1,000).  In January, this changed for a single $5,000 coin purchase for three different plants.  I guess you're spreading out the seed packets over more plants which would be good, but it was a net loss of 25 seed packets per day.

It's hard enough to build up seed packets for your plants without taking away all the quests and features that helped you get them.  The "rewards" for streaks in Battlez don't even come close to compensating for this loss and, as others have commented, unless you shell out for the gauntlets you aren't going to rise too high in the rankings.

Awful trade offs for a meh feature.  I can't see that I'll be playing this game for that much longer. 

Message 9 of 63 (8,429 Views)

★ Guide

"Awful trade offs for a meh feature.  I can't see that I'll be playing this game for that much longer. "

I thought that the absence of daily challenges was a bug or something

There really isn't that much stuff to do with the game anymore.  I find I'm putting the game down a lot more because there is NOTHING to do - most of the quests are gone and eventually I find that players that have premium plants like Caulipower and Imitator run me out of gauntlets - so there is literally nothing to do.  

Except play some other game...

Message 10 of 63 (8,421 Views)