Another victim of the "I have not received my prizes from Battlez" syndrome

by Humplemann

Original Post

Another victim of the "I have not received my prizes from Battlez" syndrome

★★★★ Guide

I finished top of my Gold League.

I had the "Disconnected" screen appear when I tapped to enter Battlez a few minutes after the Gold Bloom Tournament closed. I spammed the [Retry] button and eventually got the notification that I had finished in position #1 in Gold League and had been promoted to Jade. It also told me I had won 100 Mints, 210 Gems, and 6,000 Coins

The only trouble was those prizes were not credited to me.

I have raised a case with EA on this, giving them as much info as I can. All I can do now is wait . . . And wait . . . AND WAIT!!

My final Gold League position

Gold League Tournament end.jpg

My start position in Jade League - Note the Mints, Gems and Coins totals are unchanged

Jade League Tournament start.jpg

The confirmation of my win - My promotion to Jade, and my, as yet undelivered "PRIZES"

Confirmation of Gold League Win confirming promotion to Jade and also showing Mints, Gems, and Coins to be awarded.jpg

Yet again EA have let us all down. How much longer will we have to endure this??

At the very least they owe us some form of compensation for still not sorting out this issue - Despite them shutting down the Battlez servers to run maintenance to iron out problems.

Message 1 of 16 (823 Views)

Re: Another victim of the "I have not received my prizes from Battlez"

★★★★ Guide

Is it me or this problem appeared after the maintenance ?
Also why it was not mention at all that this week, the 5 first of each league would be promoted ? I could have save so many gauntlets.... Maybe with 5 gems, one gauntlet and a snap I could erase half of the other players of this week league ? 

As for your issue, ddon't worry, you'll get your reward, you just have to wait a bit Standard smile
Took me less than a day for me Wink

And congrats for the Jade league !

Message 2 of 16 (811 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@BBnot8

Welcome back, stranger. :eahigh_file:

This non-crediting of League prizes existed before the maintenance, but it would seem they managed to change the problem from it affecting just a few players, to it seemingly affecting everyone. Typical. Oops

Thanks for the congrats, but believe it or not I had decided not to play that much this week. 

I won my Silver League Escape Root Tournament week with 2722 Crowns (That was 544 Wins and 2 Losses). At the end of the week I was knackered (Zombied out) and thought I'd take a rest and drop back to Silver.

I then tried a few of the Gold Bloom matches. I lost 3 fairly early on - 2 of which were under highly suspicious circumstances, if you know what I mean.

After that, I hit on a good strategy that let me win 188 matches on the trot. 

I'm now well and truly knackered.

By the sound of things, this week's Tournament is a bit hellish. As I already have my Apple Mortar fully leveled up, I might just sit this one out. (Although that's what I said about last week. LOL!) 

Message 3 of 16 (800 Views)

★★★★ Guide

:eahigh_file:

I'm always amazed by firms and companies that want to fix or improve something and end up to get things worse Disappointed

Last week setup was pretty easy tbh, nothing really special, even if the chard/blover combo was banned.
But this week, between the snowstorms, the sandstorms bringing Gargantuar in the middle, the huuuuge numbers of potions that make zombies bigger or faster, and the excavator zombies, I think it will be really difficult to have a good tactic,so sitting this one out does not seem to be a bad idea Tongue out

Message 4 of 16 (793 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@BBnot8 wrote:

I'm always amazed by firms and companies that want to fix or improve something and end up to get things worse Disappointed

There's the old saying that goes - "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." and most people understand and go along with that.

We then have the mindset that exists within various online commercial concerns where the urge to meddle seems irresistible. Unfortunately, this compulsion often twists that saying into "If it ain't broke, break it."

When their attempts at 'Improvements' have disastrous consequences, instead of reverting to square one, they try another 'Fix' that only compounds the first c*ck up.

Also, it would also seem that no rigorous testing of these 'Good ideas' is ever carried out before unleashing the 'Improved versions' on the unsuspecting end users.

Ho Hum!!

Message 5 of 16 (782 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Humplemann  Well done to make it to hell jade league. 

I have noticed you have 20M coins... wow, did you gathered those from Battlez?

I recently gone back to play with my high level plants and realised the importance of coins....

It seems to be quite expensive to upgrade high level plants.

Message 6 of 16 (775 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@eieio_31310

Several million were the result of seemingly endless advert plays, but recently I have been winning them in Battlez.

During the Escape Root and Gold-Bloom tournaments I played a total of 830+ [Edit] 740 winning games with 5 Losses. As my reward streak is above 1000, the rewards I receive are multiplied by 10.

During those weeks I was able to gather in large quantities of Mints, Pinatas of varying types, Gauntlets AND mountains of coins. 

My last single coin reward in Goldbloom week was for 160,000, (16,000 x 10), but I suppose that over those two weeks the rewards averaged out at 50 to 60 thousand at a time. With there being 3 or 4 coin rewards in each cycle of 14 wins, they racked up pretty rapidly.

I'm not sure how many coins I got this last week, but I worked it out as 8,316,000 during the Escape Root week. 

I was in Silver League back then. Last week (Goldbloom week) I didn't play as many games, but the value of all rewards was just that bit higher in Gold League. I would imagine that I accumulated around 3,000,000 coins.

That means I got around 11,000,000 coins over the past 2 weeks.

As for me in Jade - as I played so much over the past 2 weeks I'm sitting out this week. That means my stay in Jade will be just 7 days. I will then be back in Gold, where life is a bit more comfortable.

Message 7 of 16 (771 Views)

Champion

@Humplemann 

Thank you for the reply, now I just need to get the enthusiasm back to play Battlez. 

(FYI, I lost my enthusiasm after I've gathered evident this is not a PvP game)  Disappointed

Message 8 of 16 (761 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@HumplemannI read that the last world released recently in the chinese version was also full of bugs and glitches. At least bugs are something that both versions of the game share Party hat

Else, do you mind to give me some of your mints, coins and gems ? I have loooots of sprouts if you want , seems fair no?! Tongue out (for real, sprouts and zen garden are totally useless at some point..if only you can trade them)

@eieio_31310 Do you mind to share your proofs by private message ?

Edit: And yes plants can be very very expensive to upgrade
To upgrade hot potato (do you remember that plant you only use in Frosbite Cave world ?!) from level 4 to 5, I need to pay 20k coins !
Just the system of upgrade is stupid in term of gameplay (not if you consider $$$ of course), you take a lot of time to collect seeds, sometimes you buy pinatas for them with gems or real money and you still have to pay after that ?! Are there other video games where you have to collect ressources AND pay to upgrade your stuff ? I'm not an expert so I may be wrong but I think most of the time it's either one or the other, not the two.

Message 9 of 16 (706 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@BBnot8 wrote:

Else, do you mind to give me some of your mints, coins and gems ? I have loooots of sprouts if you want , seems fair no?! Tongue out (for real, sprouts and zen garden are totally useless at some point..if only you can trade.

I have Sprouts coming out of my ears. (12,000 and increasing daily). I have NO idea of what to do with them. Like you, I consider the Zen Garden to be utterly pointless.

In the original game you could use the Zen Garden to generate income for purchasing extra plants etc from Crazy Dave, but this half-assed concept of having random plants with a single use Plant food effect is about as much use as a chocolate fireguard. (HMMM - Chocolate!!!)

EA should seriously think about freeing up the coding space currently wasted on the Zen Garden, and MAYBE it would make the game more stable. Having pointless processes running in the background, using capacity that would be better served elsewhere, can't be good for the overall functionality of the game.  

Perhaps they could offer to exchange the Sprouts for Gems? I'd be more than happy with an exchange rate of 100 Gems in return for 1000 Sprouts.

Message 10 of 16 (721 Views)