An anticlimax - Courtesy of EA's snEAky meddling with F2P plants in Battlez

by Humplemann

Original Post

An anticlimax - Courtesy of EA's snEAky meddling with F2P plants in Battlez

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Today I achieved what SHOULD have been a notable landmark in PvsZ2, and it would have been were it not for EA's constant, unnecessary, unjustifiable, and unfair manipulation of the plants permitted in Battlez.

I finally succeeded in getting my Blover to level 10, but as EA constantly exclude it from Battlez it was a hollow victory.

IF, as EA would have us believe, their much vaunted Premium plants are all conquering, there should be NO need whatsoever to eliminate any F2P plants from Battlez, yet we see it time and again. (Particularly with Blover.)

Okay, they have excluded a few premium plants over the weeks, but not as often as they have with the F2P plants that have proved to be effective.

Do they REALLY believe that we are dumb enough to be deceived by their claims that it's done purely to correct balancing issues? WHYHOW, OR WHEN can there be any justification for blocking plants that are available to ALL players. (As opposed to the Premium Plants that are not.)

For their excuse to have even the slightest shred of credibility, it SHOULD be only Premium plants that are occasionally subject to exclusions, on the grounds that they are, reputedly, so powerful.

Just for the record, I have most of the Premium and Gemium plants, so it's not a case of this being sour grapes on my part. I believe that all F2P plants (And all of their combos) should be available for all Battlez matches.

Message 1 of 7 (346 Views)

Re: What an anticlimax - Courtesy of EA's snEAky meddling with F2P plants in Bat

[ Edited ]
Champion

Blover has been one of the difficult plant to get plant seeds, so I guess a congratulation for getting it to max is in order.

Standard smile

Message 2 of 7 (334 Views)

Re: What an anticlimax - Courtesy of EA's snEAky meddling with F2P plants in Bat

★★★★★ Expert

Yes, indeed.  Congratulations.  It is hard plant to upgrade.

Laurie

Message 3 of 7 (330 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@eieio_31310

@lawmfw

Thanks guys. 

It took hours and hours of constantly playing in the Far Future World with 5 Pinata Tracker slots, combined with Battlez rewards, to get close.

It was finally down to this week's Contain-Mint tournament giving lots of seed packets for Blover that got me there in the end. 

I just hope it doesn't all prove to be a total waste of time and dedication.

Message 4 of 7 (321 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

You have been doubly lucky.  I have not seen many Blover seed packets this week in BattleZ.

Laurie

Message 5 of 7 (318 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@lawmfw

I have been getting plenty of seed packets for the Blover because I am in Jade League and have a win streak long enough for me to qualify for the maximum ten times multiplier on the rewards.

I benefitted massively during the Escape Root week, finishing the week with 2722 crowns. (That included 544 wins with just two losses through the entire week. I used just under 300 gems to retain the streak.

In comparison to what 300 gems would buy in the World seed packets for Gems, it was no contest.

Because I was doing so well I took note of the way the rewards were cycling every 97 wins and then multiplied the values by the number of cycles. I worked it out that in that one week I earned several tens of thousands of general and Explosive Pinatas - Lots of Gauntlets - A whole stash of Mints, and then several million coins.

All those seed packets and coins allowed me to bring around 18 plants to their max levels.

The weeks following on from that have also been pretty good for me, helped by the newly maxed out plants and some more that I've acquired on the way.

I have also been very selective when it comes to playing the various tournaments and didn't play just for the sake of it. If I thought the matches had a higher risk of losing, I sat out the entire tournament. If I was doing well, I milked that particular week for all I could get. 

Message 6 of 7 (300 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Wow.  I have not been able to achieve a win streak longer than 8 or 9...I am working on plant upgrades as best I can.  I have been in the JADE league a few times but just sit it out since my win streaks are even shorter so too hard to 'win' significant mints.

Keep up the good work.  I would probably have all my plants maxed out if I had started playing PvZ2 on a smartphone from the beginning...only been using the phone for the past year or so.

Message 7 of 7 (281 Views)