Re: Always getting kick off the game.

by elliemoe1970

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Always getting kick off the game.

★★★ Novice

My girlfriend has been playing PvZ2 for a few years now. We are currently in China and have to use a Vee Pee Enn to play the game. Every time she plays a tournament it kicks her out. Every time she tries to watch a video she cannot claim the reward. She just told me she is constantly kicked out of the game. Honestly I don't know why she is still playing. Does anyone have any ideas on what we can do.

Technical info:

Playing on iPad 2

Version 9.3.5 (13G36)

Location is China

Using a Virtual Private Network

Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 8 (781 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Anonymous

China has a great (fire) wall and generally blocks some VPN and other foreign server connections.

In addition, they have their own version of PvZ. That may cause issues.

[Edit: Some clarifications] 

View in thread

Message 4 of 8 (755 Views)

All Replies

Anonymous

VPN's are a bit too technical for this forum. As most of the active posters here are volunteers (passionate gamers like you), we may not have enough knowledge or tools that can assist you.

But here's my take on this issue of yours: There are some VPN providers where, for security purposes, have short-term tunnels. This means the connection to the exit point is not persistent. Even the entry points (the local VPN server) might be switching frequently. You might be connecting to a different server every time it switches.

Even though you are not the one doing the switching, the EA servers might see you as a different user every time it switches.

TL;DR: You might need to contact your VPN provider and ask what settings you need to change.

I hope this helps you.

PS: Please click on "Accept as Solution" if you have no further inquiries.

Message 2 of 8 (769 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you so much xarxee. That is actually enlightening. One quick question - do you happen to know if PvZ2 can work in the Asian market without using a Virtual Network?

Message 3 of 8 (758 Views)

[ Edited ]
Anonymous

China has a great (fire) wall and generally blocks some VPN and other foreign server connections.

In addition, they have their own version of PvZ. That may cause issues.

[Edit: Some clarifications] 

Message 4 of 8 (756 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

I travelled to China last year and have played the international version of PVZ2 Battlez in Shanghai, Xi'An, Beijing & Shenzhen, and they seemed to work ok using the WiFi from hotels.  (The ads were slow at times and some are in Chinese, but it does work without going via VPN)

Message 5 of 8 (740 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you so very much. We have turned off the VPN and it seems to be working better. Hopefully this will get better and better. 

Message 6 of 8 (722 Views)

★★★ Novice

International Version?

Message 7 of 8 (720 Views)

Anonymous

@elliemoe1970 wrote:

International Version?

It's just PvZ2 downloaded outside of US. The only difference is the multi-language support.

Message 8 of 8 (714 Views)