All five World Pinata slots are missing in iOS... but not in Android

by Barntholomew

Original Post

All five World Pinata slots are missing in iOS... but not in Android

★★★★ Novice

Earlier today, I created a Post with this content, but it was subsequently marked as spam. I am still searching for a solution to my problem though, so here is my second attempt:

Now that we can play a synchronized PVZ2 across various devices, I've noticed something odd within my gameplay. 

On my iPad, all five of my pinata slots (below my coin total) are missing. 

On the Android devices I play on, all of my pinata slots are still there.

Using the "HELP" function from the game settings, I started a conversation with E.A. Help to try and understand this problem. The following ensued:

Hello *********,

Thank you for contacting EA Help. My name is Deepanshu and I will be assisting you with your "Plants vs. Zombies 2" issue today.

Barney, I see that you are missing pinata slots. I realize its indeed disappointing. I'll certainly help you with the best possible information to help you out with this issue.

Please let me share that such issues usually occur due to some technical reasons. To fix it, please follow below troubleshooting steps.

-Make sure your device is up-to-date
-Make sure your app is up-to-date
-Restart the app
-Close background apps
-Powercycle your phone
-Do not re-install app (It may result in loss of progress)

For detailed steps refer the below link:

"https://help.ea.com/article/troubleshooting-steps-for-ios-apps"

I truly hope the provided steps will resolve your issue, however if the issue persists, I would request you to post this issue on the Forums as a bug. The Studio team checks the forums frequently to look out for any issues / bugs coming in the game. Our official forums are located here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Plants-vs-Zombies-2/bd-p/PvZ2

This is to summarize the contact, we've suggested you to try the troubleshooting steps to resolve the missing pinata slots issue and suggested to report it as a bug, if the issue persists.

Should you have any further questions regarding this or any other issues, please do not hesitate to let us know.

You can also find answers to common questions on our Help Center at http://help.ea.com , or ask our community experts by visiting Answer HQ at http://answers.ea.com

Thank you again for contacting EA Help.

Deepanshu C.
EA Help

I have followed the above recommendations on my iPad, but the pinata slots are still missing.

I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem?

Thanks in advance for any help or advice offered. Standard smile

IMG-0012.JPG
Message 1 of 13 (1,419 Views)

Re: All five World Pinata slots are missing in iOS... but not in Android

Champion

I guess this is normal because the tracker is currently assigned to the other device. 

There is one thing you can try, check the remaining time you have on the working device and wait until that time expires, restart the IOS device then you should have the tracker appearing.

Message 2 of 13 (1,410 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi eieio_31310,

Thanks for the quick reply.

That is an interesting option... in hindsight, it seems obvious that one single tracker should be used to track play with games attached to my email address, regardless of iOS or Android. The tracker is currently showing on my Android device (9h 32m to go). 

After the tracker resets at that time, I suppose the next logical step would be to ensure my Android device(s) are off... or at the least, that the PVZ2 app is force closed. Then, restart the iOS device and see if the tracker appears there.

Thanks again!

Message 3 of 13 (1,406 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

The two devices have to be synchronized by having both open in Adventure Mode when the 12 hour clock expires and then resets for both devices !

Clear Cache and Clear data will make the tracker disappear until the clock resets but first the two devices have to be in sync.  Why EA sw dev did this is quite bizarre.

Message 4 of 13 (1,399 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi lawmfw,

Thanks for the reply and advice. I'll try that out tonight. 

It is strange, right?

Message 5 of 13 (1,388 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

You are very welcome.

Yes indeed.  Drives me crazy sometimes since the clock reset is always rolling forward...very hard to be available every 12 hours over years of playing this game.  Miss sometimes on the WIFI only device and eventually it is too late at night so must wait until waking up the next day.

Message 6 of 13 (1,382 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Problem solved.

After the tracker had expired, I opened PVZ2 on my iPad and the tracker was there. I suppose that since that device was the first to attempt gameplay after the start of a new timer, that it "claimed" the tracker. 

Big thanks to those who helped figure this out. Standard smile

Message 7 of 13 (1,350 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Very welcome.  Now you have the tracker on both devices ?

Message 8 of 13 (1,347 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes, indeed. The tracker is on both devices. 

Message 9 of 13 (1,345 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Awesome.  Good to hear.  Enjoy collecting twice as many seeds now.

Message 10 of 13 (1,342 Views)