Re: Pinata Slots are missing in iOS... but not in Android?

by lawmfw

Original Post

All five World Pinata slots are missing in iOS... but not in Android?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Now that we can play a synchronized PVZ2 across various devices, I've noticed something odd within my gameplay. 

On my iPad, all five of my pinata slots (below my coin total) are missing. 

On the Android devices I play on, all of my pinata slots are present.

Using the "HELP" function from the game settings, I started a conversation with E.A. Help to try and understand this problem. The following ensued:

Hello Barney ,

Thank you for contacting EA Help. My name is Deepanshu and I will be assisting you with your "Plants vs. Zombies 2" issue today.

Barney, I see that you are missing pinata slots. I realize its indeed disappointing. I'll certainly help you with the best possible information to help you out with this issue.

Please let me share that such issues usually occur due to some technical reasons. To fix it, please follow below troubleshooting steps.

-Make sure your device is up-to-date
-Make sure your app is up-to-date
-Restart the app
-Close background apps
-Powercycle your phone
-Do not re-install app (It may result in loss of progress)

For detailed steps refer the below link:

"https://help.ea.com/article/troubleshooting-steps-for-ios-apps"

I truly hope the provided steps will resolve your issue, however if the issue persists, I would request you to post this issue on the Forums as a bug. The Studio team checks the forums frequently to look out for any issues / bugs coming in the game. Our official forums are located here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Plants-vs-Zombies-2/bd-p/PvZ2

This is to summarize the contact, we've suggested you to try the troubleshooting steps to resolve the missing pinata slots issue and suggested to report it as a bug, if the issue persists.

Should you have any further questions regarding this or any other issues, please do not hesitate to let us know.

You can also find answers to common questions on our Help Center at http://help.ea.com , or ask our community experts by visiting Answer HQ at http://answers.ea.com

Thank you again for contacting EA Help.

Deepanshu C.
EA Help

I have followed the above recommendations on my iPad, but the pinata slots are still missing.

I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem?

Thanks in advance for any help or advice offered. Standard smile

[Edited to be more specific about which "pinata slots" I am referring to]

14CB0041-4998-4ADF-ABC2-F2D2DE638187.jpeg
Message 1 of 6 (956 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Which Pinata slots do you refer to ?

I have 2 Android devices (S7 and J7) and I have had similar experience with missing "slots" on one device but not the other device.  The next day both are back to the same.

This has happen with 5000 coin pinatas quite often but also with the World Pinatas...

Message 2 of 6 (920 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi lawmfw,

Sorry for the vagueness, I should have been more specific. Standard smile

I am referring to the five slots that appear right below one's coin total. Are these generally referred to as "World Pinatas"?

To the best of my knowledge, the 5 pinata slots/World Pinatas have been missing from my iPad game since the most recent PVZ2 update.

Sorry to hear that your experience has been sporadic. Thanks for the input!

Message 3 of 6 (915 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

That;s OK.  I believe those are called the World Pinata Tracker and it resets every 12 hours.

This can disappear for a few common reasons (there may be other reasons):

If you uninstall/reinstall  PvZ2 or if you clear Cache and Data for the PvZ2 app (in phone settings) it will reappear at the next 12 hour time period

Message 4 of 6 (909 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Cool. I appreciate the info.

On my Android devices, I am familiar with clearing the cache within any given app. However, the iPad was a christmas gift (yay!) and my first Apple product in... like 10 years or so. I've poked around on google to find the equivalent of "cache clearing" for iOS, but I guess I need to change my search terminology, for nothing seems to fit the bill.

Do you feel that if I perhaps "cleared the iOS cache" for PVZ2 that perhaps the slots would reappear? To be more specific in my problem, the slots are permanently gone. I'll see if I can manage a screenshot upload.....
Message 5 of 6 (905 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I am not an IOS geek and have never had an Apple phone.  Perhaps someone else on this forum has IOS knowledge and can tell you how to do clear DATA and CACHE for IOS...

they might reappear if you find the method for clearing data and cache but I have no experience to fall back on in that regard

Message 6 of 6 (899 Views)