Can an EA representative please confirm/deny/reply to this issue?

by zofinur

Original Post

Can an EA representative please confirm/deny/reply to this issue?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

There seem to be no free items (only) in Germany!

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Plants-vs-Zombies-2/No-free-Gauntlets-Gems-Coins-seem-to-be-a-LOCALISATION...

I did sent in a bugreport but the autoreply told me there will be no reply to a bug....

Message 11 of 178 (2,349 Views)

Re: Can an EA representative please confirm/deny/reply to this issue?

★★★★ Guide

I think the answer to your question is no..so far Disappointed
Maybe go on other forum like reddit and ask around if other players in Germany have the same issue or if for some odd reasons it is only on your account.?

Message 12 of 178 (2,295 Views)

Re: Ads are gone

★★★★★ Expert
I still don't understand how the ad system works- i try to keep a healthy balance of around 150,000 coinz but with buying 3x 5,000 coinz daily pinatas and upgrading the occasional plant my total is now less than 100,000.
I know i HAVE to save ads for 2 bites of the pinata party because if no ads are available then i only get 1 go and if there are no ads then i don't get the "free" gauntletz and gemz.
At times i have run out of coinz and have to build up my balance again but there doesn't seem to be rhyme or reason to ad availability.
Anyone have any thoughts on the subject?
VICTORY TO MEEEEE!!!!!!🇬🇧
Message 13 of 178 (2,242 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

By chance: Are you german or least playing in Germany?

See/reply my Posts

"No free Gauntlets/Gems/Coins seem to be a LOCALISATION issue"

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Plants-vs-Zombies-2/No-free-Gauntlets-Gems-Coins-seem-to-be-a-LOCALISATION...

And optionally the call for an official reply

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Plants-vs-Zombies-2/Can-an-EA-representative-please-confirm-deny-reply-to-...

Message 14 of 178 (2,219 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

No- uk.
VICTORY TO MEEEEE!!!!!🇬🇧(hint)
[Political reference removed by @EA_Roger ]

Message 15 of 178 (2,177 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

@MAGICDAVESHROOM @zofinur,

I've merged both of your posts together, sorry for the delayed response @zofinur. I'll check this out however I don't think it's a localisation issue, I'm based in Ireland and can farm coins like crazy without any issues and if it were linked to a country/loca we would have a multitude of reports from the same players. I'll double-check this nonetheless. Can you folks confirm how many coin ads you can do before the option is grayed out? Ads for gems are limited but it should be easy for to get them for coins.

Thanks,

Roger. 

Roger.png
Message 16 of 178 (2,163 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
I'm in the uk but can only buy gems with actual money and don't have the option to buy gems with coins.
I've never counted how many ads i can farm before they grey out but I've currently got around 110,000 on each of my 2 profiles and I've recently built them up from around 60,000 and i can only farm a couple before they disappear.
Message 17 of 178 (2,152 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Since (and a bit before) my first report i was able to receive in fact ZERO free gauntlets, gems and/or coins.

It worked before, when i was in California for one week.

On my way back i had several hours to waste on the airport of Amsterdam: Was able to receive free items there as well.

On the same device; without any changes from my end.

But in Germany, before that trip and afterwards, there are no free items for me.

The "free gauntlets" (aka "Verdiene Handschuhe" in german) is permanently grey

The option to receive free gems or coins in "the header navigation" isn´t even shown at any time!

On no android device i tried so far!

If it helps i could try to install it on a device which is not linked to my google nor EA-account.

Or just take a short trip to germany using your own android.

Or you send me a test device and a return-label so i can make a video as proof Wink

Message 18 of 178 (2,146 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@EA_Roger

I'm UK based and the best way I can describe the availability of coins via ads is - 'Patchy'.

Some days I can earn 50,000, or much more if I keep going until my eyes start to glaze over and I lose the will to live. 

Other days, like today, (23rd July), the [FreeCoins] drop down greys out after around 5,000 coins. Even if I exit the game and return after a few hours I can only gain a few more coins.

I don't understand how or why there is such a wide disparity from day to day.

Message 19 of 178 (2,135 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
Just farmed🚜 2 more and ads have gone again.
VICTORY TO MEEEEE!!!!!!🇬🇧
Message 20 of 178 (2,135 Views)