Re: About Buffz and Bruisez

by eieio_31310

Original Post

About Buffz and Bruisez

★ Novice

So,  a few hours ago, the game has introduced us a brand new feature: Buffz and Bruisez.

However, one thing hasn't been so clear.

How are we, the plants vs zombies players, going to know the weaknesses, immunities and strengths of the week's Battlez?

I suggest adding something on the plant selection menu to show this feature. It could be:

• Green up arrows near the plants' family icon to indice strength, red down arrows to indice weakness and gray crosses to indicate immunity;

• A small list between the selection screen and the level's zombies or

• Writing below the plants' description when choosing a plant ( "This plant type is weaker/stronger in this level", "This plant type has no effects on zombies in this level"...).

Of course, these are just my suggestions. But I think there should be any way to indicate this feature. Not having enough spotlight will make it a background feature that many players won't remember it exists! Or they will sometimes, when a certain plant type is immune and they end up losing a game (Or maybe even lose a streak! Wikes!).

Message 1 of 10 (1,977 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@galaxyvic

EA have never been known for their clarity on pretty much anything they add to the game.

I agree that there SHOULD be some form of flagging in place so players can select Buffed plants and avoid those that have been downgraded, but at present it's an impossible task without there being some form of indication as to which plants are stronger and those which are weaker or even useless.

The thing is that I suspect/know EA actually WANT players to suddenly find that some of their selected plants are weakened or even useless, and in that process of discovery they lose matches they might otherwise have won. 

Every match lost by a human player either earns EA money or costs them less in the rewards they have to pay out, so of course they are going to implement a system where there is no way for players to know which plants to use and those to avoid.

As soon as I first saw the 'Buffz and Bruisez' concept I suspected that its sole function was to undermine the win potential for human players. At present I've seen nothing to alter that way of thinking.

We all know that EA makes extensive use of Bots/Recordings to make up numbers so human players will always find an opponent. We also know, despite constant denials, that 'killer' bots are deployed regularly to terminate streaks, or make players use gems to retain their streak. 

The new 'Buffz and Bruisez' system makes their task of making Bots less noticeable that much easier. Players will start to think that their own plants were among those that were downgraded, while their 'opponents' could well have been using plants that were boosted.

Whichever way we look at it, 'Buffz and Bruisez' HAS NOT been put in place for the benefit of the human players.

Message 2 of 10 (1,958 Views)

Champion

I guess in EA's dictionary, Buffz means premium and Bruisez means free....

Message 3 of 10 (1,931 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Humplemann Pretty much anything new in this game can be related to a new for EA to get money let's be honest: Battlez,power-mints, new hard levels.
They are no updates that add content without EA getting something out of it somehow.

Message 4 of 10 (1,917 Views)

★★★★ Guide

It now appears that Buffz and Bruisez will not be implemented until the tournament that starts next Tuesday. (4th Sept)

There will then be a new icon on the Battlez plants selection screen. Apparently the icon will have either 2 or 3 symbols on it.

The first symbol will have an upward arrow on it, and shows which family is boosted.

The second symbol will have a downward arrow on it, and shows which family has been weakened.

There may or may not be a third symbol, but if there is it will show which family has been rendered ineffective.

Message 5 of 10 (1,870 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I've just looked in the almanac and virtually every plant is now in a family, even caulipower and shrinking violet. The few exceptions are tile turnip, goldboom, imitator, thyme warp, gold leaf, lily pad and power lily.

Why can't they just leave things alone?

IDONTCAREANYMORE!!!!!!🇬🇧

Message 6 of 10 (1,862 Views)

Champion

I am still running 6.8.1 on my iphone and so far there is no prompt for update yet.

@Humplemann wrote:

It now appears that Buffz and Bruisez will not be implemented until the tournament that starts next Tuesday. (4th Sept)

Message 7 of 10 (1,857 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
The last time they updated i wasn't prompted and pvz2 was glitchy until i manually updated through the Google play store. You'd probably have to do it through the I store (hehehe!).
Message 8 of 10 (1,854 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@MAGICDAVESHROOM wrote:
The last time they updated i wasn't prompted and pvz2 was glitchy until i manually updated through the Google play store. You'd probably have to do it through the I store (hehehe!).

I had no choice in the matter when it came to the update. I was running 6.8.1 when I turned off my tablet. When I turned it back on I had 6.9.1. From then on everything started to go haywire in Battlez.

Until the soft release of the update was forced on me I was doing well in Battlez. I had, I think, 380 Crowns before the update. I then found I couldn't play more than 2 consecutive matches with the same line-up without my scores plummeting in the third. I tried cycling different load-outs and each time I did my scores went back up. BUT on each third play the scores dropped by 50 to 60%.

I then gave up and didn't play anymore Battlez matches after the Thursday. I did hear that EA were data-mining from those players with the soft release, but they got next to nothing from me.

Result of data-mining from Player ID ***** ***** **** :- Friday 24th August - Didn't play Battlez. Saturday - Didn't play Battlez. Sunday - Didn't play Battlez. Monday - Didn't play Battlez. Tuesday - Didn't play Battlez.  

Ironically, the Crowns I'd already accumulated before giving up on Battlez were still enough to get me promoted to Jade League. (B-U-G-G-E-R!!!) Hardly anyone in my Gold league played any matches. Maybe they were also lumbered with the soft release and just gave up like I did?

Message 9 of 10 (1,839 Views)

Champion

I got my update notification early this morning (a few hours ago) but when I go to the update store, it just send me back by opening the game again.

Guess I will need to do a full power cycle of my phone and force it to update PVZ2 manually again like the last time.

Message 10 of 10 (1,809 Views)