Re: A "Thank you" to EA Help.

by Humplemann

Original Post

A "Thank you" to EA Help.

★★★★ Guide

On Monday evening my Sumsung tablet died.

I was on Reddit when the tablet reset itself. A couple of minutes later It then went off and became totally unresponsive, so I purchased a replacement on the Tuesday.

After all the rigmarole of setting up the new tablet, and the seemingly interminable downloading of updates, I finally got around to installing PvsZ2.

When I ran it, the first thing I did after the usual preliminary steps was tap the game-pad symbol to sync with Google Play Store. 

It seemed like everything was okay. I had my GPS username appear, followed by the pane that lists my name and the email account associated with PvsZ2.

However, when I hit [Play], I was treated as a new player! No matter what I tried, nothing worked. I tried 'Force stopping', clearing the data, uninstalling and reinstalling. The ONLY thing I couldn't do was sync with my old tablet, because it's as dead as the Dodo.

I contacted EA Help. They replied in minutes, asking a few questions. I replied, and was happily surprised when, within the hour, I had a reply to say everything should be in place on the new tablet - which it was.

I know we often have  go at EA Help, but this time they came up trumps in next to no time.

:eahigh_file: Guys!

Message 1 of 10 (560 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Awesome !  Great to hear a positive experience with the desired results !

Message 2 of 10 (551 Views)

Champion

@Humplemann  So you now have an early X'mas prezzies...

Happy PVZ Battlez

Message 3 of 10 (531 Views)

Community Manager

@Humplemann

This is great to hear, thanks for posting!

barry.png
Message 4 of 10 (524 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@eieio_31310

Yeah. Thankfully I was back up and running in less than a day from when the original tablet died on me.

The trouble now is the AWFUL tournament for this week. It's just way too busy and rife with contradictions. 

You start off with zero sun and frozen plants. That means fire of some kind is required to free up the plants - Especially the sunflowers so you get some sun production going. You then can't use it again because it cancels out the freeze effect of the pre-planted Cold Snapdragons and Winter Melons. An alternative would be an early deployment of Bombard-Mint, but there's no guarantee it'll free up all the frozen plants and that could leave you struggling for sun.

We then find that despite both the Cold Snapdragon and Winter Melon being pre-planted, they've been excluded!

WHO excludes the two prime freezing plants from a tournament where Ice plants are buffed and Winter-Mint has just been launched?? (Possibly the same person who created the EA/Popcap killer Bots that combined the Fire Peashooter with the Iceberg Lettuce.)

At present I'm finding this week's Battlez too much of a chore to want to play very often. I also consider it to be too open to either big wins or heavy losses with hardly any middle ground. 

Unless I come up with a sensible and less busy strategy, (My main plants are Primal Peashooter combined with Blover) I might well sit back and take a drop down to Gold.

Message 5 of 10 (520 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

You should be doing ok this week as you have level 10 (or is it Mastery now?) Blover as it costs 0 sun.

I managed to find a way to generate more sun to fund my level 1 plants and got around 700K.  I have seen maxed out plant players achieving over 2M and the highest one being near 3.

Message 6 of 10 (508 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

It is indeed a horrible tournament, in my silver league I'm top with 125 crowns and number 2 has 21 (he he he!).

4 players have yet to score and 4 have 1 crown.

I'm using peppermint instead of bombardmint to defrost my plants.

I'm using my high level plants and as I've run out of practice levels for level 1 i doubt if I'll use them again this week.

I'm probably just going to use the free plays for the rest of the week.

Message 7 of 10 (504 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I concur with all three of you and will just try to be in the top three so I can move up yet again !!

Message 8 of 10 (492 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@eieio_31310 wrote:

You should be doing ok this week as you have level 10 (or is it Mastery now?) Blover as it costs 0 sun.

I managed to find a way to generate more sun to fund my level 1 plants and got around 700K.  I have seen maxed out plant players achieving over 2M and the highest one being near 3.

Without checking I think my Blover is level 55 Mastery, but anything below M100 is wasted on it.

I believe that levels above M100 mean it can cancel out the Bruized effect, while M200 can theoretically cancel out the non-effective Bruized effect. 

Yes, my Blover is free. It also recharges in one second. Both of those are good, in theory. However, when combined with minimal sun production that virtually strangles planting it loses its appeal very quickly.

Other than the initial digging up of the 4 Lava Guavas for their sun, then getting rid of the useless Missile-Toes to free up their spaces, and then putting out 5 Primal Walnuts in column 7 as soon as I can, the match goes like this:-

Use something to clear the ice, then - Blover-Blover-Blover-Blover-Blover-Plant Primal Peashooter-Blover-Blover-Blover-Blover-Blover-Plant Primal Peashooter-Blover-Blover-Blover-Blover-Blover, and basically keep on repeating until that wonderful moment when you can draw a deep sigh of relief when the seemingly interminable match finally ends.

I find it totally and mind-numbingly BORING! After 3 minutes of that all I want to do is anything other than take part in another Battlez match.

So far I've played and won 10 matches, with scores between 1.6 and 2.2 million, yet it already feels like I've been playing for almost a week.

I've seen on Reddit that many players are feeling the same way and are planning on sitting the week out.

Message 9 of 10 (474 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Tile Turnip planted on SunFlowers is really helpful !!   I replaced Peppermint with Tile Turnip - yeah, you lose the Lava Guava but who cares ?

Primal Walnut (ty MagicDave) instead of Explode O'Nut

I very much like you idea to be rid of the MistleToe (how many times now has the Plant of the Week not been useful? )

Message 10 of 10 (463 Views)