by HypnoDjurre

Original Post

Re: A bit bored, so ...

★★★★★ Expert
@PowerToss oh my god...gumnut looks so cute in the pot <3
Message 11 of 186 (1,008 Views)

★★★★ Expert

I an watching too much TV. My new favorite channel, Quest (of "Hogs Gone Wild" fame) just went off the air for 2 hours after a showing of "Modern Marvels". Their subject this time? High Tech Sex Toys. OMG. Must have caught heck from our local morality police. 

I did a rescan and it came back. Turns out we now get 52 free channels here. If you discard the QVC crap and the Preys Jeebus channels that still leaves me with at least 35 usable venues. Who needs cable?

Message 12 of 186 (961 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@linuxPigPen 

We're all watching too much tv.

If you're on Android you can get the freeview app from the playstore which not only has a freeview guide but will take you a particular channel to catch up on a program you missed (if you have their app installed) such as the i player for BBC (no idea what channels you get in the states).

I can remember watching black and white tele, only 3 channels and eventually it turned into colour with 5 channels but it not often there was nothing worth watching.

Now i have 80 channels (i edited out the ones i don't watch) and there's very little on.

Message 13 of 186 (935 Views)

★★★ Pro

@MAGICDAVESHROOM 

Ah, the good ol' BBC

I rewatched the 1986 Snooker Final between Steve Davis and Joe Johnson a couple of days ago Wink

Message 14 of 186 (927 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@HypnoDjurre 

I can recommend the goes wrong show on i player.

Very funny.

Steve "interesting" Davis.

Message 15 of 186 (910 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@MAGICDAVESHROOM That brings back memories. First time I ever saw a color TV we had just moved back to the states from France. My dad had been there in intensive language school and was now teaching French at West Point. We were living in on base housing and the family in the next unit down got the 1st color TV on the block. This was back in the days of rabbit ears so naturally they weren't getting any reception. They would sit around and ooh & ahh about the multi colored snow confetti on the screen and I was all WTF. I'd rather watch Bullwinkle in b & w than this noise.
Message 16 of 186 (878 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I think I'm good at PvZ2, but how do you know if you're EXPERT?

Message 17 of 186 (864 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@Drake110105 

Because EA says so, you get XP (experience points) every time someone taps the XP button.

Unfortunately the EA ranking system is broken and i am actually a Master of pvz2 which means all must bring me offerings of jaffa cakes, especially the *** novices such as yourself.

You can check out the highest XP players at the bottom of the page.Screenshot_2020-04-29-14-13-54.png

Message 18 of 186 (851 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@Drake110105You can be a self proclaimed expert any time you stand up and say, "I'm an expert".

This, of course, applies to none of us here. Standard smile

Another way of evaluating your standing is by "SmugPrizes". You can win these by posting exceptional scores in Arena or by contributing a particularly worthy series of bon mots to this forum. I have way more of the latter than the former.

Message 19 of 186 (843 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@Drake110105 

@linuxPigPen 

Always remember that an ex is a has-been and a spurt is a drip under pressure.

Message 20 of 186 (841 Views)