Sims 4 refusing to open up after the November patch 2020

by TayloQT

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 refusing to open up after the November patch 2020

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Guess Ill have to reinstall the entire game.

Tried so many different things but nope.

If I press the "play" button origin closes for 1 second before repoening nothing happens.

If I use the Sims shortcut on my desktop it says im missing a .dll file in the core folder (Yes I did re-add the missing dll files. The desktop shortcut is still broken but the .exe itself now works (Kinda) look down below)

If I pick the repair option it will verify the files then start redownloading the entire game

If I run sims from the .exe itself it will go into origin and update the game. It says "Updating" on the download window and starts to download the entire game. Is the patch really 8 GB?? Every single piece of dlc I own is also queued right afterwards.

Kinda disgusting taking into account how much money I've spent on the game and I can't even get my game to work properly. I have had this error before in past updates, never found a solution so I just redownloaded and it worked but I can't redownload now as said

Updated Visual c, restarted, started as admin, moved the sims 4 folder around, deleting files in %Appdata%, tried to repair, tried to update, tried to reinstall origin, tried to remove my mods folder, tried to remove my saves folder, tried updating drivers, tried making a new Origin Games folder. Tried to look in taskmanager if Sims was already running (It was not). Absolutely nothing works at all

Message 11 of 64 (1,817 Views)

★ Apprentice

Manually launching Origin itself with administrator mode fixed it for me. Didn't have to do this before but it's loading now.

Message 12 of 64 (1,960 Views)

★★★ Novice

@alanmichael1 i downloaded the visual installer but then it asked me to pick a workload but im not sure which one to pick since im not on a desktop computer I'm on laptop would you happen to know which one i need to put if not its ok ill eventually figure it out. 

Message 13 of 64 (1,940 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Ill asume I was just stupid and that the 8gig download actually WAS the update and not a reinstall since Lilsimsie said it was pretty large, though I still do not understand why it decided to queue every single dlc afterwards, I guess that made me think it was broken. But by the time I understood that I had tried so many fixes that Origin just deleted my entire sims game. 

No sims for me for a couple of weeks I guess. What a worthless and pathetic client

Message 14 of 64 (1,917 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

Hello, if anyone is still running into this error with MSVCP140.DLL or VCRUNTIME140.DLL, can you please send screenshot(s) of the list of "Microsoft Visual C++" Redistributables you have installed? You can find these in the list of installed programs/apps.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 15 of 64 (1,868 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Here is a screenshot of my Visual C++ files. I cannot open my sims game, I click the icon, it looks like its going to open, then it just sends me back to Origin with the Sims game thing open saying "Play". then I click that and it just goes back

Message 16 of 64 (1,858 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@foxontherun7  yeh this is the issue I'm having, no error message or anything. I've had issues in the past with the sims 4 trying to run as admin before too but that was when I play cracked, Idk what to do now since well its the actual game and not a fake version xd

Message 17 of 64 (1,818 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi! I had this issue too. I seems that I kinda fixed it now.

Try this, but I'm not sure this will work for you, too:

1. Exit Origin

2. Run Origin as administrator

3. Run the Sims4_64.exe as administrator, do NOT click the Play Button in Origin

This worked for me

Message 18 of 64 (1,770 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

tried this, didn't work, thnx tho xd @Simterieur 

Message 19 of 64 (1,737 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@TayloQT @Simterieur I tried this as well and it didn't work for me.

Message 20 of 64 (1,730 Views)