Growing together issues, missing items, error on getting into world.

by MaynardsWifeAli

Original Post

Growing together issues, missing items, error on getting into world.

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Please someone help... I bought the growing together pack & am have nothing but troubles. It's not showing up on my packs, the infants are working but none of the items are there in build mode, &  I can't access the new world.. I'm so discouraged I've just about  given up at this point. I tried deleting the catch & resetting the E.A. app. I've tried deleting the catch & restarting my computer. I have no idea what's going on but this is so frustrating I'm at my wits end. I have no idea what else to do & am so beyond mad at this point. Can someone pleqase guide me to fixing this Thank you so much. 

Sincerely,

Alyssa M,    "Ali"

Message 1 of 14 (1,201 Views)

Re: Growing together issues, missing items, error on getting into world.

@MaynardsWifeAli  If you have the CAS Demo installed, please see this thread:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/EA-App-claims-packs-are-installed-yet-they-are-not/td-...

Otherwise, please run a search for EP13 , which is the folder for Growing Together.  Open a File Explorer window, click This PC in the left panel, and enter EP13 in the search field in the upper-right corner.  Wait for the search to finish, then make sure the full file path is showing under each result.  If it's not, expand the window sideways as necessary.  Take a screenshot using Windows key-shift-S and attach it to a reply here.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 14 (1,174 Views)

★ Novice

Hi,

I've attached a screenshot of my folder for EP13

Message 3 of 14 (1,114 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I ran this search, and nothing showed up. I'm having the same problem as the original poster, and I've tried all the fixes and nothing worked. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the game. I emailed EA, and they just directed me to articles with more fixes that didn't work. I also do not have the CAS Demo. I was hoping the most recent update would fix it, but it didn't. Do you know of any other fixes or tricks? I just want to get my money's worth out of this pack. 

Message 4 of 14 (1,094 Views)

@Lilla13 and @CheriBree  Are all Growing Together items missing, or just some?  Please also post a screenshot of the game's install location according to the EA App.  Open your library, click the Sims 4 icon, and select Manage > View properties, and you'll see something like this:

image-10.png

@CheriBree  Please also post the results of the search I described in post 2.

Message 5 of 14 (1,082 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict Some items are missing, and the world doesn't show up. It's also just a blank rectangle under my packs on the main screen, and Growing Together doesn't show up when I try to filter by pack. I've also attached what comes up when I go to the folder, thanks for giving the directions for that. 

Message 6 of 14 (1,076 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Here it is, sorry EP13.jpg

Message 7 of 14 (1,073 Views)

@CheriBree  I odn't see your screenshot, but at least you've found the folder.  Please delete it, as in, the EP13 folder directly inside "The Sims 4."  Then clear the EA App's cache:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

and download the pack again: click the Sims 4 icon, select Manage > Manage Add-ons, and find Growing Together on the list.

If that doesn't help, please try again to post the two screenshots.

Message 8 of 14 (1,072 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict 

That didn't work, unfortunately. 

Here's the screenshot: 

EP13.jpg

Message 9 of 14 (1,058 Views)

@CheriBree  Does the file path the EA App is using match the one for EP13?  It would be exactly this:

image-10.png

If it doesn't match, then that's your issue: the pack is being installed into a different folder than the game is using.  The fix there would be to get rid of the "wrong" folder.

If the file paths match, then the only other suggestion I have for you is to do a clean uninstall and reinstall of Sims 4 and the EA App.  Start with Sims 4:

• Put aside your Sims 4 folder in Documents\Electronic Arts and rename it to something that doesn't include the words "Sims 4."
  • Download Revo Uninstaller (the free version is fine) from here.
  • Launch Revo, select Sims 4 from the list, and click Uninstall.
  • Once the game is uninstalled, select "Moderate" under "scanning modes," and click Scan.
  • Review the list, in case there's something you want to save; otherwise, click Select All, and then Delete.
  • Close Revo, and restart your computer.

Uninstall the EA App with Revo as well.  I don't have instructions for that at the moment, but the process should be straightforward.  Restart again when you're done.

Install the EA App, then install the Sims 4 base game and one pack, and make sure that pack loads in-game.  If it doesn't, stop here and let me know, and please list the pack you tested.  Otherwise, go ahead and install the rest of your packs.

Message 10 of 14 (1,039 Views)