Game doesn't see my files

by KaiTai2

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game doesn't see my files

★★ Novice

Hello! 

I have an issue with The Sims 4. The game doesnt see my game files. What i mean by that is - when I load into the game i dont have any of my mods or saves. The thing is, all files are in the correct place, so im not sure why its not there. The problem occured after i was playing in my OneDrive, but im sure the files are also on my computer, not only on the Cloud. I tried reinstalling (i did backup before), but the problem remains. Does anyone know how to fix it?Frown

Message 1 of 9 (549 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game doesn't see my files

@KaiTai2  The Polish isn't a problem.  The screenshots make the issue clear: your saves are not in the folder Sims 4 is reading.  The game uses this folder:

C:\Users\your username\Documents

And your saves are here:

C:\Users\your username\OneDrive\Documents

Move the saves to the correct folder, and they should show up again; the same should be true for any other files in the same location as the saves.  If you're having trouble figuring out which folder you're viewing, you can always check the address bar.  To make sure you're opening the correct folder, click This PC in the left panel of a File Explorer window, double-click the C drive, then open Users > your username > etc.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 8 of 9 (376 Views)

All Replies

@KaiTai2  Please confirm that your files are in the Sims 4 folder the game is currently reading, which may have changed after you messed with OneDrive settings.  Here's how to check:

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2018/07/how-to-find-your-user-folder/

If that doesn't help, please list that location, for reference.  Please also post screenshots of the files that aren't loading: I'd like to see their names as well as their locations, shown in the address bar above the list of files and folders.

Message 2 of 9 (530 Views)

★★ Novice

My files are in fact in the correct location, so Documents -> Electronic Arts -> The Sims 4. Also, I'm not really sure what screenshots to show, the whole folder is not showing in the game. When I enter it looks like I just downlanded the game, even tho the files are there.

Also, not sure if that's important or related, but when I reinstalled the game the The Sims 4 folder didn't dissapear as I thought it would.Embarrassed

Message 3 of 9 (518 Views)

[ Edited ]

@KaiTai2  Your computer will have multiple Documents folders, so I need to know what comes before "Documents."  I would also like to see the screenshots I mentioned before.  There is clearly some issue with either the files themselves or where they're located, and I can cover a lot at once just by looking at the screenshots.

Message 4 of 9 (483 Views)

★★ Novice

Okay, I'm not sure if that the screenshot you wanted, if not then please specify more Embarrassed

Message 5 of 9 (468 Views)

@KaiTai2  Please open the Sims 4 folder in your screenshot, then the saves folder inside, and take a screenshot of that.  As mentioned, I want to see the details—names, dates, file sizes—of your save files.

Please also go into the game and find the full path to the user folder, as described in the link I posted before:

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2018/07/how-to-find-your-user-folder/

and list that as well.

Message 6 of 9 (401 Views)

★★ Novice

Alright, i got the screenshots, also, i hope you dont mind that the game is in polsih Oops

Message 7 of 9 (392 Views)

@KaiTai2  The Polish isn't a problem.  The screenshots make the issue clear: your saves are not in the folder Sims 4 is reading.  The game uses this folder:

C:\Users\your username\Documents

And your saves are here:

C:\Users\your username\OneDrive\Documents

Move the saves to the correct folder, and they should show up again; the same should be true for any other files in the same location as the saves.  If you're having trouble figuring out which folder you're viewing, you can always check the address bar.  To make sure you're opening the correct folder, click This PC in the left panel of a File Explorer window, double-click the C drive, then open Users > your username > etc.

Message 8 of 9 (377 Views)

★★ Novice

It worked and I'm really grateful so i found a cute cat on pintrest for you, Thank you Heart

Message 9 of 9 (371 Views)