★★ Novice
@SiobhanWillEatU agreed it never crashed before until now
Message 511 of 930 (2,284 Views)

AI Sims cooking multiple meals and not eating them

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.33.202.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Backyard Stuff, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, Spa Day, Laundry Day Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Parenthood, Get to Work, Strangerville, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Dine Out, Get Famous, Outdoor Retreat, Vampires, City Living, Island Living, Fitness Stuff, Moschino Stuff, Tiny Living Stuff Pack, Eco Lifestyle
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a group of AI sims (not player controlled), and wait for them to cook a meal. The behavior I'm seeing is multiple meals made by AI sims, which they do not eat. If needed, I could record what I'm seeing and upload it if it can assist with any troubleshooting.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims are going to the fridge for things to make a meal. They make one meal, but leave it on the kitchen counter. They then return to the fridge, bring out items to make a second meal, and leave it setting on the kitchen counter. They then return to the fridge a 3rd time, and pull out a pre-made meal (Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwich, or chips, etc), and eat it.. I saw this behavior on multiple sims.
What do you expect to see? I would like to see an AI sim make one meal and eat it, instead of cooking two meals they ignore, and then eating a third meal - which isn't cooked.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This behavior arose after I installed the 11/10 Sims 4 update.

Earlier tonight, I saw 7 different AI Sims making multiple meals and not eating what they cook.  The sims go to the fridge 3 times (on the first and second trip, they mix and cook a meal, but they leave these first meals setting on the kitchen counter).  After making two meals which they do not eat, they go back to the fridge a third time, and pull out a pre-made meal, such as Peanut Butter sandwich or chips.  The only exception I've seen to this, is if I take one of the meals they cooked and store it in the fridge as left-overs.  They still cook 2 meals they don't eat, but their third meal is one of these left-overs or a random pre-made meal.  A side effect of this behavior is accelerated levels for cooking.  During this sequence, I've seen cooking skills go from level 1 to level 3.  I have restarted my game multiple times, and saved/restored many times, but this behavior still occurs.

Message 512 of 930 (2,032 Views)

Re: Sims 4 crashing during gameplay after Nov 2020 update

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
PlatformPC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? unknown - the game does not load
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? open game, error box pops up and will not run.
What happens when the bug occurs? game does not even start.
What do you expect to see? the game to launch.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No, never had mods.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. update to game. I uninstalled the game as per the recommendation and reinstalled it, nothing changed. I un-installed and reinstalled Origin, and nothing changed. Your games are always pushed broken from the start... and I am tired of it... with the billions you make off us.... I'd expect a better product.... 

Message 513 of 930 (2,297 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Game Crashes after November 2020 Patch

★★★ Novice

@KC918 wrote:

Mac Issue

Not a crash, but on my game (played on a Macbook), the Sims will freeze in place, but continue through with random animations. The rain/snow will keep falling and actions are never-ending, time still runs but the Sims are frozen in place. I can't click on anything to queue any actions, and I can't switch active Sims. I'll go to the game menu and click save, and the screen will dim, and save circle will start spinning. But, again, the snow/rain is falling, the Sims are doing animations. The game never pauses to make the actual save. 

Build mode is completely fine, though, which makes me think it's an update bug. 

This happens every 5 minutes or so. Within an hour, I have only gotten through 20 minutes in-game. 

It's rendered the game unplayable. 

I have the most updated versions of MCCC, UI Cheats, and CAS 3 Column. The freezing issue persisted even when these mods were taken out. 

If y'all could look into this too, it would be greatly appreciated. 

*Me Too

experienced this type of crash today. Sim stuck on workout equipment on home lot in ffx3. Could not click on objects or speed variants. Rebooted pc as task manager also unresponsive to mouse clicks. After relaunch having like an extended delay when clicking on objects-ie clicking on sims pc renders no menu (immediate response being the norm it appears interaction isn’t working) after what seems like a few minutes the pc menu appeared.

Windows10 OS

Message 514 of 930 (2,260 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

ok, now it's even worse when i installed a new expansion pack-my game krash-breaks I don't even start playing! Please help !!

Message 515 of 930 (2,161 Views)
Highlighted

EA Sims Team

Hello all.

While the team is hard at work investigating these crashes, SimGuruNick posted some information here that may be helpful:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/983645/crashing-with-the-november-10-update 

Thanks to everyone that has provided information and save files thus far.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 516 of 930 (146,595 Views)

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? French
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number?1.68.154.1020 
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? everything but the star wars game pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Launch your game and let the despair take you. 
What happens when the bug occurs? the game does not launch, i dont get anything, no error message, no music, no sims 4 window or full screen, nothing at all. 
What do you expect to see? my game i paid hundreds of euros with all the expansions packs even the last one released ! i want my game to function !!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them ALL 
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes the updated 
Please describe the patch or change you made ? your patch you released the 10th of august, you know better what's in there as i couldn't test it, cause my game won't launch !!! 

I did a lot, i ran a cc cleaner, i cleared origins cache, i repaired the game like 5 times, i updated my graphic card, i updated my drivers, i resinstalled origin and the sims 4 ! i deactivated internet, then my firewall, i unplugged all my usb wires, i tried with another window administrator account, i tried running the game from .exe file in the origins folder.

As you can imagine, i spent like a day doing that, and not a thing changed, i contacted ea Assistance like 4 times, and no one know what to tell me. So i'm now pretty sure it's just their game, no working as usual and them breaking a little more their game. 

i drop here my dxdiag and msinfo just in case someone has a something else 

Message 517 of 930 (2,224 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have uninstalled origin, sims 4 from comp multiple times. deleted all files on my comp like photos, etc. When i downloaded the origin again, everything downloaded fast and was ready to play. I can't even get into game after update this week. I try and play and it just sends me to the origin homepage. I feel like i've read every posts and watched too many youtube videos to count. Please help! 

Message 518 of 930 (2,213 Views)

Re: Sims 4 crashing during gameplay after Nov 2020 update

★ Novice

I am having the same problem.  I have been playing SIMS since the first one and I have not crashed this much since SIMS 2.  Very frustrating!

Message 519 of 930 (2,203 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hello I am having the sample problem on my PC.

I do not have any mods or CC installed in my game at the time of playing. The game has crashed for me twice since the update. Both while in live mode. The game just freezes and then the games closes without any warning or errors messages popping up. My first crash I had was an old save before snowy escape was installed. And my most recent crash was on a new save with Snowy Escape installed. My game probably crashes within 30-45mins of playing. I hope this will help resolve this issue. Thanks. 

Attachment
Download this attachment
Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 520 of 930 (2,275 Views)