[CURRENT ISSUE] Game won't Open says "already Running"

by angie_sara

Original Post

My game says it´s already running, but it´s not

★★★ Newbie

After the November 10th update my game won´t start up again. It says that it´s already running, but in my taskmanagement there´s nothing to be found. I have tried many different things but nothing is working.

Message 11 of 84 (4,469 Views)

Re: My game says it´s already running, but it´s not

Champion (Retired)

@irisdebr 

Please read the accepted solution.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 12 of 84 (4,455 Views)

Re: Nov 2020 Patch Issues - Game won't Open says "already Running"

★★★★ Novice

I am having the same issue. I followed all @crinrict 's instructions regarding adding security exceptions (I believe I did it right, I have bitdefender, not Windows Security - attached photos for you to see what I did). I also updated the sharing permissions to "everyone (read/write)". I repaired the game. I restarted my PC. I triple checked my task manager to ensure the game is not already running (it's not). I tried running origin as administrator first. Nothing is working!

I'm so frustrated and upset, I just want to play the game Frown

I don't believe I have any mods or CC either (went into my "Mods" folder and its empty). 

Please help Frown

Message 13 of 84 (4,445 Views)

Re: Nov 2020 Patch Issues - Game won't Open says "already Running"

★★★★ Novice

OMG I fixed it, lol. I went to my bitdefender and noticed I had a notification. I clicked on it and it said an application (Ts4.exe) tried to request to change protected files and was blocked, so I clicked on "view application" and toggled the switch for The Sims 4 to access folders to "ON", relaunched the game and it worked.

aye aye aye. what a day. 

Message 14 of 84 (4,442 Views)

The Sims 4 is already running error pc

★★★ Newbie

After the Nov, 10 update my Sims 4 won't launch getting the error that it is already running [ed35e0ea:29f00e76:00000000:18a1dd51] Can't find a fix threw support so they told me to post here for the development team. We repaired sims 4/clean installed sims 4/cleared orgin cache/reinstall orgin/disabled all antivirus ect software. hope for fix soon.

Message 15 of 84 (4,438 Views)

Re: The Sims 4 is already running error pc

Hero
@HollandE7 What security software are you using (I know you said disabled but still would be good info

Here's some suggestions: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2015/08/game-already-running/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 84 (4,429 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Using Bitdefender, In past it might block a game for wanting access but you add it to the exception list.

Message 17 of 84 (4,414 Views)

FIXED: Game won't open at all after update

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

FIX: My anti-virus was blocking it! Thanks to @SimQARobo for pointing that out.

I haven’t been able to open my game at all since installing the Nov update. I get the error, “unable to start: the Sims 4 is already running [ed35e0ea:29f00e76:00000000:18a1dd51]”

I’ve tried every solution I’ve found online as below:

• Checked on task manager that the game is -not- running
  • Repairing from Origin
  • Sharing permissions for my ts4 folder
  • Sharing permissions for my images folder
  • Reset my TS4 folder to factory settings (I don’t have cc in it atm anyway)
  • Deleted origin cache files as per EA web instructions
  • Restarting Origin and my PC several times.
  • Checked my version of windows10 is up to date

I’ve included the two files asked for in the crashes folder but not sure if they’re required for this. Any help appreciated, I don’t know what else to do except a full uninstall :/

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 18 of 84 (4,421 Views)

Hero
@HollandE7 Did you check if it's doing that now ? Someone above had exactly that issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 19 of 84 (4,386 Views)

Sims 4 already running

★★★★★ Novice

Every time I try to launch the game it says it's already running and I already right clicked and clicked properties and shared to everyone, and I also opened the task manager and it doesn't say its running until i try to launch the game and the error window is still open and then in the task manager, on TS4 I click close and the error is still showing up, can somebody please help me?

Message 20 of 84 (4,382 Views)