Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Where are all the players ?

by torch327

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

I just finished the main story, and honestly it got tough twords the end as there were missions that I ended up soloing as no one else was there.  I even ended up on the final mission with only one other person which was tough.......  And to that end the story was way way to short.

Message 21 of 32 (265 Views)

★ Guide

Many folk who started playing Anthem have now moved onto games like Division 2 and have stated that if Anthem improves they'll be back.

Personally I still enjoy playing Anthem (734 Ranger) and truly hope they turn things around.

Message 22 of 32 (253 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@VELINEON wrote:

Hey guys thanks for the replies. I guess it was probably because it was early but I've always played at that time before and never had an issue. You maybe right, the population may have dropped. 

As for legendaries I anit seen one for over a week and when it did pop, it was for the ranger and I play as storm.

Getting burned out now. ☹️

I'd say you're right on target about the population.  Its that feeling again, when your favorite menu dish only comes in one flavor and after a having it a hundred times, considering it again just flips your stomach over.  Even in prime hours having a full squad is becoming increasingly sparse.  The match finder will even drop you into a four player mission solo.  I have seen this sort of game mechanics and pop decline before.  It can grow into a black hole, as you can't do 4 player content unless you have the players.  Without such the game popularity starts to decline even more.  It becomes a downward spiral like an aircraft spinning towards the ground.

Message 23 of 32 (233 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Sartori1d wrote:

I am with you all I want it to do well, however i just finished the trials and it was not fun.  I honestly almost gave up on the game.  I understand they want to force you to learn the game and movements and functions before you move on, but it was too much.... 15 chests?  It took forever (then once I had all 15 they started just falling on my lap!!!) The multikills were a pain.  The worst thing was the Javalin repairs.  My friend that I normally play with already gave up after having way too many issues for him, so I am sort of stuck out there on my own.  Last week I spent over an hour and a half each day and it was rare to find anyone.  Yes I looked on the map and there was maybe 3 others at any given point.  Well, try and fly or run across the map to hook up with one of them.  tough but doable.  Then hope they die, did not happen.  Soo go to the events, and more often than not I was there by myself, ending with me dying as I was by myself to handle a world event....    Tried each time waiting 3 or 4 minutes to see if someone would fix my Javalin.  No luck, if they did not show up for the event why would they show up for the Javalin repair.  After this I tried to find the AI s and repair them.  This was a pain as they seemed to play better than me and not die....  I tried playing on hard, which meant that I ended up just dying by myself more....

Sorry about the rant.  I do like the game but the trials almost got me to give up.  They needed to be way shorter, or make it so you have an option to do 3 out of 4 items for each trial and you could get bonus points for doing all of them before opening the tomb.

Very well written. This is exactly where I am now, doing the trials and about to give up on the game. Thought maybe it was just me. I really like the Anthem game world, and it runs perfect on my new pc. But how in the world am I gonna get any further, especially when I only ever see 3 or 4 other players online.

Message 24 of 32 (220 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Odd, i have no problems finding PC players. I mostly run quickplay strongholds and GM3 freeplay when solo though. Regular contracts are pretty much useless imo and legendary contracts aren't terribly useful either.

Message 25 of 32 (206 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

Players are quitting because this game kills our PC's.

I have over 50 games installed on my PC and this is the only one that cause me to get errored out with"thread stuck in device driver". I might be able to play for 3 hours or 30 seconds, but t is the only game that does this and it is since they added DLSS for nvidia. It is almost as if it is trying to force it on AMD GPU's and causing us to crash.

i5 8400

asus tuf z370 gaming plus

16gb corsair lpx 3000mhz

msi rx vega 56

I am also on a full ek loop and everything I play I am never above 65c except this game. I can get over 80c and that is rediculous. Even broken Division 2 stays running 65c and under

Message 26 of 32 (184 Views)

★★★★ Novice

players are chasing the Elysian artifacts - so free play world events and strongholds the last few  days 

i keep trying missions but end up alone all the time now

Message 27 of 32 (165 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Anthem is dead, so as Bioware.

I might run tests on the seashells now ...

Message 28 of 32 (160 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

The Elysian artifacts seem to only roll emblems, which are of no interest to me.  I keep chasing them like something rare is gonna pop up.

Message 29 of 32 (90 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@torch327 wrote:

Players are quitting because this game kills our PC's.

I have over 50 games installed on my PC and this is the only one that cause me to get errored out with"thread stuck in device driver". I might be able to play for 3 hours or 30 seconds, but t is the only game that does this and it is since they added DLSS for nvidia. It is almost as if it is trying to force it on AMD GPU's and causing us to crash.

i5 8400

asus tuf z370 gaming plus

16gb corsair lpx 3000mhz

msi rx vega 56

I am also on a full ek loop and everything I play I am never above 65c except this game. I can get over 80c and that is rediculous. Even broken Division 2 stays running 65c and under

That first line is total BS. Stop spreading false information.

As for the rest, it sounds more like you either don't have enough airflow to help the water cooling, you're OC'ing your hardware beyond what your cooling is capable of handling or the solution/water kit you're using isn't set up right. Your GPU is also known to be one of the hotter running ones out there, and is probably contributing a lot of heat to your system especially if OC'd at all. Just having a water kit isn't enough for everything, and certainly not when your hardware is under heavy load. It's not the developers or the games job to make sure your hardware is set up correctly Standard smile

For a PC comparison: I'm running an i7 6700k with a Corsair H100i and run about 68C MAX on the processor and up to 70C on my GPU (Radeon R9 Fury) while playing Anthem at Ultra settings (Ambient Occlusion off), also listening to Spotify while playing and have a half dozen other apps open at any given time.

Also, Anthem runs better than Crysis 3 did on ANY hardware when IT was released, first time I had ever played a game that had the animation speed of a photo slideshow, even with the settings lowered. 

That's not to say Anthem couldn't be optimized a bit more, but 60-70C on old hardware... for a game that looks this glam. dood.

Message 30 of 32 (82 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help