Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

The "Epic" Item issue in Anthem 1.1.0 (23.4.2019)

by TheHero_Origin

Original Post

The "Epic" Item issue in Anthem 1.1.0 (23.4.2019)

★★★★★ Novice

I did asked this question in the Live chat today with no answer to it.

@Anthemgame : Important Question: Since todays Patch i have 666/250 Items. Can i safely delete every Epic component i have?
I need to know if Epic components (Lev 38) have potential to make a Javelin be more powerfull, when using them in addition to Master (61)/Legendary(75) Components.
I did collect hundreds of Epics just for that purpose to make strong builds.
F.E. Collossus component: "Heavy Shield Reinforcement" +300% Shielddamage combined with "Demolition Tribute" +300% Shielddamage

Maybe people here can help out, especially with the 1.1.0 Changes

Can i safely delete any Epic or would i destroy potentially super builds by mixing in some Epics with greater inscriptions which succeed any legendary item.

In other words, i want to know if the GEARSCORE of 75 has a multiplier for the Damage output which is so much higher then a Gearscore item  of 38(epic) that the epic mix in will never be making more damage then the same legendary variant.

Look up reddit Thread by searching for the same TITLE i used here.

Anthem-Screenshot-2019.04.23---23.10.00.71.jpg

Message 1 of 5 (366 Views)

Re: The "Epic" Item issue in Anthem 1.1.0 (23.4.2019)

★★ Apprentice

If you're gearing up from Epic to MW/Leg. Then some of those may still be useful. But if you've already got a good full MW build and only need to get Legendaries, then those Epics are more likely just wasting space.

In general (and also according to the Cortex in-game) the power level of an item determines how much damage or defense it gives.

Example: take an Epic 38 power Defender assault rifle with +150% damage inscription, and the same weapon at MW 56 power with only a 15% Damage scrip. The MW item will ALWAYS do more damage.

Message 2 of 5 (333 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Today i decided to delete every epic over 250 slots.

But alas, now my Account seems to be broken.

All items and i say everything, including Weapons and support all items on my Pilot are now having +5% combo damage.

Check up this other Thread i opened under Technical issues.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/600-hours-and-my-ALL-ITEMS-after-Patch-1-1-0-have-5-combo...

All my playtime and Challenges are gone as it seems now. Please repair my account.

Message 3 of 5 (297 Views)

★★★★ Novice

i have never found a support item for any javelin above epic- do they exist? ie: a master or leg shield wall for the storm ?

Message 4 of 5 (224 Views)

★ Apprentice

no, support rarity beyond EPIC is not in the game yet.

probably next season, idk when exactly but bioware plan this game for at least a decade rumour said.

Message 5 of 5 (192 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help