Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Running Anthem on an Older System...

by DolnorNumbwit

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Running Anthem on an Older System...

★★★★ Guide

...so we'll see how it goes.  It ran fine on Medium/Low settings in the closed Alpha build.

I'll update this message with my system stats and in-game results...if the game actually runs since all the updates!

Oh, and  FIRST! -)

TQQdles™

Message 1 of 5 (351 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Running Anthem on an Older System...

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

As you can see, the game has installed correctly but....

In the attached image, the "Play" button is not lit up (it is darker color) and is not interactive on the page.

There is no other way to start the game except via the Origin Launcher.

SO at this time, I have to wait until the game is playable on the 25th (tomorrow).

**UPDATED**  The Game Screen Loads and The Music Plays in the Background!!!  I just had to close the Launcher, reboot the computer, restart the Origin Launcher which triggered a Launcher Update, and the Game Screen changed to load Anthem Splash Screen with Music! -)

See Second Image.

TQQdles™

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (312 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

So, are u able to launch it right now, even if its just a login screen?

Message 2 of 5 (329 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I have slow internet access (ADSL) and it isn't fully downloaded or installed yet.  SO far it has taken about 26 hours straight.

Demo-Almost Ready.jpg

TQQdles™

Message 3 of 5 (325 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

As you can see, the game has installed correctly but....

In the attached image, the "Play" button is not lit up (it is darker color) and is not interactive on the page.

There is no other way to start the game except via the Origin Launcher.

SO at this time, I have to wait until the game is playable on the 25th (tomorrow).

**UPDATED**  The Game Screen Loads and The Music Plays in the Background!!!  I just had to close the Launcher, reboot the computer, restart the Origin Launcher which triggered a Launcher Update, and the Game Screen changed to load Anthem Splash Screen with Music! -)

See Second Image.

TQQdles™

Message 4 of 5 (313 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

See attached Images.

1)  Task Manager Reporting usage by the Client and the Origin Launcher

SplashScreen-TaskManager.jpg

2) Showing Memory Usage.  The Client and Origin Launcher uses 2.2gbs (not shown) as the normal Windows OS overhead on my system is 1.8gb when static and not using any other apps.

3) Showing GPU Usage.  As you can see, it is using 95% of the available Vram.  During normal static computer usage, 0% of the GPU is used so everything shown is from Anthem.

4) Showing what the app HWiNFO64 is reporting what the Sensors are showing when the computer is at the Anthem Flash Screen.  Note the Temperatures...my system is Stock Air Cooled!

TQQdles™

Message 5 of 5 (302 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help