Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Replicate progress to another account

by Ct-Underpants

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Replicate progress to another account

★★★★ Novice

Here's hoping EA or Bioware can help with this!

My 7yr old son and I both love this game! We've been using the same account (my account) - he mains the Interceptor while I main the Storm. He doesn't quite understand the running around Tarsis and chatting and all that, and the story doesn't really mean much to him and just flies over his head, but he's good in a javelin. 

We're now at the end-game and basically grinding for legendary loot. However up until now, it's either been him or me playing, but not together since we share the one account. I want to get him an Origin Premier account so we can play together. 

My boy is competent enough to GM2 all the way... freeplay, missions and Tyrant mine and Scar Temple strongholds (still can't get into Heart of Rage without spawning into the boss fight). Granted I have to help read inscriptions and explain what they mean and possibly make some weapon or component recommendations, but generally he picks out his stuff and decides how he wants to play each time. What started off as an exercise to teach him how to use a mouse and keyboard, he now pings headshots consistently.

And he absolutely LOVES it when a nice yellow diamond drops... 

I want to play side by side with my son. I'm willing to purchase another premier account, 1 year sub. But just spoke to EA tech support and it seems they can't replicate game progress from one account to another. 

I cannot go through all those stories again, and he's certainly not old enough to understand or appreciate the story mode to level up to the end game. 

Can Bioware or EA help with this? I just want to "copy" my character progress to another account, which will be my son's, so we can both play together. Stronger together... right?

Possible?

Message 1 of 6 (350 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Replicate progress to another account

Community Manager

Hey @Ct-Underpants 

It's absolutely amazing that you and your son have been enjoying Anthem so far! Standard smile And playing with the good company definitely makes the game more enjoyable.

However... While I'd love to bring you some good news, I'm afraid that copying progression from one account to another is impossible simply because of technological restrictions Frown We don't have access to the tools needed to copy progress from one account to another Oops

So again, I'm really sorry that we cannot make this happen in this case.

/Ataashi

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (289 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @Ct-Underpants 

It's absolutely amazing that you and your son have been enjoying Anthem so far! Standard smile And playing with the good company definitely makes the game more enjoyable.

However... While I'd love to bring you some good news, I'm afraid that copying progression from one account to another is impossible simply because of technological restrictions Frown We don't have access to the tools needed to copy progress from one account to another Oops

So again, I'm really sorry that we cannot make this happen in this case.

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 6 (290 Views)

★★★★ Novice

That's too bad Standard smile 

It's actually not possible now for my son to restart again (unless I do it instead...) He's already enjoying grandmaster 3 on all javelins! 

Appreciate your response @EA_Ataashi  we love the game!

Message 3 of 6 (260 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

"It's absolutely amazing that you and your son have been enjoying Anthem so far!"

Yes, quite a lot of players are finding that amazing and unbelievable given endless barrage of problems and backend errors the game has.

However I have a related question, is it possible to copy "pilot data" to a new pilot on the same account?

I've heard that one of possible sources of problems with all the backend database error might be linked to account being created during demo weekend/early release and I'm most definitely not going to level up and grind all the gear again with current sorry state of the game.

Kudos to OP for enjoying the game.

Message 4 of 6 (243 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Lerdoc 

Remember that creating a new pilot won't allow you to start from a scratch, so technically parts of the data will be "copied" (or rather stay) for the new character Wink

Screenshot_3.png

/Ataashi

Message 5 of 6 (202 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Staying with unending barrage of backend errors in retrieving pilot data, losing connections despite not losing it, being booted to first loading screens one second after logging in and many others then until hopefully they get fixed one day....

Message 6 of 6 (179 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help