Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Memory Leak!?

by Quasinerdo

Original Post

Memory Leak!?

★★★★ Novice

Hi guy's.

Not a rant post so please don't flame or troll.............

Is any body else getting memory leaks? on shut down of the game the screen goes black like its closing down an just hangs.

The only way ive found of clearing this is either "ALT-F4" or "CTRL-ALT-DELETE",last night i did the "ALT-F4" option then tried playing Battlefront 2 with a friend an it kept going in a cycle.

"Cloud sync" an back to the Origin UI,so i checked the process's running in the back ground an Anthem was still running,ended the process an BF2 booted fine.

Also noticed on the initial boot up of Anthem that all 12 threads are hitting 92-99% until i get in the Javelin.

i7 8700 (6 cores-12 threads)

32gig ddr4 3200

Gtx 1080 Ti.

Division used to do the same years ago until a patch fixed the problem but at that time i was on a totally different Pc build as well. 

Message 1 of 5 (266 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Cpu usage at start is the same for everyone I know in game. To stop the hanging black screen you have to exit to main menu first, and then exit game. Takes longer but Anthem shuts down properly.

I always close down Origin, and then end the processes in Task Manager because its a buggy mess if you want to play other games afterwards, good luck.
Message 2 of 5 (174 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yeah I have had this since the new patch which was also the same time we had a new Nvidia driver. I think its to do with the new Nvidia game capture feature not letting go on end of game.

Switched it off not had it since.

Message 3 of 5 (166 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Been like that since launch. The only way to stop it is to kill the process via task manager.

It's writing a crap ton of data in the background, but I don't know what files it's writing to, or why.

Message 4 of 5 (149 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

@AcKilleeZ wrote:

Yeah I have had this since the new patch which was also the same time we had a new Nvidia driver. I think its to do with the new Nvidia game capture feature not letting go on end of game.

Switched it off not had it since.

THanks for the heads up on that. I'll check that on mine. I have had the issue the OP describes with the game not closing down for a much longer period though. It occurs when the game is played for long periods for me.

I have noted that the process for Antehm remains, AND at times there is a child process under Origin for Anthem that also remains and the game won't close until I kill that process.

I'm not sure how much is the game and how much is Origin or the external elements like the recording app etc.

I do not experience the CPU overload though. I have an 8700k (@4.9GHz) with 1080Ti (@ 2.1GHz) and 32GB RAM; CPU tends to sit 40-60% across cores.

Are any of you able to verify if the issue in Origin still remains where you need to leave it on the "App settings" page to stop it hogging huge chunk of CPU time?

Message 5 of 5 (114 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help