Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Chat in Game

by DemonDial

Original Post

Chat in Game

★★★★ Novice

What am I missing, I know there currently is no ingame text chat.  So I still should be able to talk to the other players through my headset, and I have found noone to talk to yet.  I have the ingame audio set up.  Is there a discord channel that works for it?

Message 1 of 9 (461 Views)

★★ Guide

yes its work :o

but less time is I see ppl talk . 

mostly in English  but I hear in chinses sometime. 

I don't think TS or Discord will good. a game already have own system :e

cheer 

Message 2 of 9 (447 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

There is a PC discord player group (I cant recall name and I'm not home to check). Perhaps google that? Check the recruitment section on the forum as well and see which clans/guilds are still active on your platform?

Message 3 of 9 (311 Views)

★★ Apprentice

By my understanding, In-game voice chat is only supposed to work if you're part of a squad. It won't work in freeplay unless you invite other players in the freeplay to your squad using the social menu. 

It also won't work if you're the only one using, or willing to use a mic. Others will be able to hear you, but no way to respond other than emotes if you're nearby. 

Message 4 of 9 (285 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I can tell you from experiance it works but i joined a Stronghold Group whit a guy that was liseting or watching something and i heard it it kinda pisst me off becouse he wasent actuly talking, so i havent set it on agien sens then, but it works Tongue out

Message 5 of 9 (272 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@DemonDial wrote:

By my understanding, In-game voice chat is only supposed to work if you're part of a squad. It won't work in freeplay unless you invite other players in the freeplay to your squad using the social menu. 

It also won't work if you're the only one using, or willing to use a mic. Others will be able to hear you, but no way to respond other than emotes if you're nearby. 

Is there a way to invite people in freeplay while in mission?

Ive only been using the origin overlay and trying to find the correct Origin name to 'Friend' people which is pretty unreliable (GG BW Frown ).

This game really needs an ingame chat. 

Message 6 of 9 (217 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

@Quasinerdo wrote:

@DemonDial wrote:

Is there a way to invite people in freeplay while in mission?

Ive only been using the origin overlay and trying to find the correct Origin name to 'Friend' people which is pretty unreliable (GG BW Frown ).

This game really needs an ingame chat. 

You CAN invite people into a squad while in freeplay but I've never been invited to a squad while there. This is how you can do it:

Hit the Escape key and move to the social tab, then select "Session" and it will show the players currently in the freeplay with you. Press Y for actions when highlighting the player and select "invite to squad". You'll have invite each player individually. 

Would've been nice if there was just a checkbox next to each name and a single invite button so you could invite all at once OR individually, as you choose. But oh well. 

Here's a screenshot of what the squad invite screen looks like:

Anthem Freeplay Invite to Squad.png

As far as having an in-game chat, I'm not opposed to having one... at some point, but there are just so many other things for them to work on right now. Also, I kind of feel like the voice-only communication was a really good choice due to the immersion factor. It really works with everything else (for me at least) to give you a feeling of being inside a suit, using radio communication to speak with your squad. Anthem is also capable of being very fast-paced, and difficult. there really isn't cover or anywhere you can stop and communicate to your team within a text chat during combat. At the same time, it would be better than no way to communicate at all. It's really a toss-up decision for me, lol. 

Message 7 of 9 (203 Views)

★★★★ Novice

why do the latest patch notes say this ?:  "Added STT (Speech-to-Text) and TTS (Text-to-Speech) on all platforms"

i had a guy playing his stereo over the mic -had to shut it down

Message 8 of 9 (192 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
It is there is Settings -> Sound/Audio and you will see two options there. And yes it works like a chat though not a proper chat.
Message 9 of 9 (159 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help