Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Anthem Positivity

by Quasinerdo

Original Post

Anthem Positivity

★★★★★ Apprentice

I know Anthem is still in need of a buff but a recent article by Jennifer Scheurle discusses Anthems combat and reminds us how good it actually is. Here's a snippet:

"Anthem has received a lot of criticism since its launch, and I agree with many of the issues that others have pointed out. What the game does right overshadows what it does wrong, however, and my enjoyment and love for the game’s polished and unique core continues. If BioWare’s goal was to deliver high fidelity air combat using mech suits, they have definitely delivered on that goal.

But let’s take a minute to define that term, “fidelity,” in this context.

Game designers describe something as high fidelity when we give players a feeling of executing mechanics and systems with the perception of high precision as well as ease. We want players to feel both skilled and clever. Good things happen when we can deliver a sense of competency to the player. And Bioware was able to deliver many high fidelity systems in Anthem."

Reference:

https://www.polygon.com/2019/4/10/18304440/anthem-combat-game-design-animation?fbclid=IwAR1zCDJ54pPy...

Well worth a read!

Message 1 of 7 (244 Views)

★★★ Guide

Yes, the combat is, without a doubt, freaking awesome. So is flying. It's beautiful, too.

That's it.

Message 2 of 7 (216 Views)

★★★★ Guide

In a nutshell  this is what keeps me playing and hoping Bioware turns things around.

Message 3 of 7 (156 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I totally agree Nichivo.

I hope tonights dev stream starts to turn things around.

Bioware are also hiring a new team member to work specifically on loot so hopefully the future looks bright.

Message 4 of 7 (154 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

One person handing out the loot for all players will be a freaking nightmare! Even just going around filling up the chests will be a massive time-sink on its own. How is one person going to help?

Message 5 of 7 (118 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Quasinerdo wrote:

One person handing out the loot for all players will be a freaking nightmare! Even just going around filling up the chests will be a massive time-sink on its own. How is one person going to help?

Lol!

I think it's more to do with designing a better loot system but of course you knew that, right?   :D

Message 6 of 7 (104 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@kemicalchaos wrote:

@Quasinerdo wrote:

Lol!

I think it's more to do with designing a better loot system but of course you knew that, right?   :D

yeah I do haha :P

I had a funny image of an EA employee running around like santa's helper stuffing rewards into chests etc.

Message 7 of 7 (90 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help