★★★★ Newbie

Minimum: 

• CPU: Intel Core i5 3570 or AMD FX-6350
  • RAM: 8 GB 
  • GPU: Nvidia GTX 760, AMD Radeon 7970 / R9280X
  • GPU RAM: 2 GB 
  • HARD DRIVE: At least 50 GB of free space
  • DIRECTX: DirectX 11

These are the current PC Requirements from Bioware and EA that say that you can play the game with. This has to be *. 

I have:

• CPU: Intel Core i5 6400
  • RAM: 8 GB
  • GPU: Nvidia GTX 960
  • GPU RAM: 6 GB

And of course I have the hard drive space and DirectX 12.

This game is absolutely * unplayable. I can barely move 10 feet without the game freezing for a few seconds before I can move again. I tried to play a mission, the enemies spawning caused so much lag that I died before I even knew that enemies had spawned because it froze my game. Either the PC Requirements for the game are fake and *, or the optimization for this game is just as *.

* ridiculous

Message 1 of 4 (265 Views)

Re: Anthem PC Requirements Wrong

★★★★★ Novice
The game is definitely not well optimized and I also think the "minimum" requirements should be higher considering how the game is performing right now on pc. That being said, minimum requirements actually mean: everything on low, 720p and you'll get 30 fps.

The main problem I see with your specs is the amount of RAM, 8 is very low, especially in win 10 64 bits.

Try to put everything on low and at 720p (also make sure you are not running any other program that is heavy loaded on the cpu, and if you can install the game on a SSD). If you don't get 30 fps on the "open world" then yes, they're lying (surprise!), and yes, optimization is also a mess.

I know I'm telling you to pay (sorry I meant play) with the worst graphics and at 30 fps, but maybe this way you can at least run it. Good luck.
Message 2 of 4 (236 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

My rig specs

Win 10 Pro

I5 4670 @ 4.2Ghz  Water cooled

16gb memory

Anthem running off an SSD

Nvidia RTX 2060   6gb

I use Riva Tuner to cap my FPS at 59...I can get alot more....but that's only bragging rights...game running smooth on Ultra  is ALL that matters...peeps seem to forget as well....higher FPS means Higher temps to deal with.

Runs like butter.....no performance issues at all.

Sons rig specs

**Win 7 Pro 64bit**

I5 3470 @ 3.6Ghz

16gb Memory

Anthem running off an SSD

Nvidia GTX 970 4gb

He gets upper 50 FPS on High....this did not happen until I swapped out his 3.6 Ghz dual core that ran 2 virtual cores to a True 4 core processor @ 3.6Ghz....prior to this...he was getting high 20's on medium...and slideshows at times.

We played for 5 hrs yesterday side by side with no issues.

I have a 60mb download speed with 10mb upload.

If your internet has low/slow upload speeds...your rig cannot communicate as fast as it needs to, to the servers your playing on...therefore the game lags and cannot respond in time.

If your on Win 10 64 bit.....windows itself is utilizing 4 of those 8gigs.....do you really think a game with maps as large as Anthem can run comfortably on 4gigs?

No way....No how.

You may not need Win 10 64bit....but this game needs a true quad core and 16gbs of memory and a decent upload speed from your ISP.

Hope it helps.

And I am No Newbie....been working on PC's for 20yrs.

Edit: Just to add....your specs must be wrong...GTX 960 only has 2gb/4gb onboard memory....not 6gb.

Message 3 of 4 (201 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

trying to have a minimum spec pc run a game like this should come with an expectation manager -

have you set up nvidia global settings ? i run these global and run anthem on medium - gtx 970 craps out on high settings but runs great at medium - 16 gigs of ram - 8 gig could be your issue

Ambient Occlusion-Off
Anisoptic Filtering- Application-Controlled
FXAA-Off
Gamma Coorection-On
Anti-Aliasing-Off
Transparency-Off
CUDA-All
DSR-Off
Fre rendered Frames-3d Application
MFAA-Off
Multi Display-Single Display
Power Management-Adaptive, unles you want it to always run at max core clock even at idle, which won't improve FPS in game.
Shader Cache-On
Texture Filtering-Anisotropic Sample..-Off
Negative LOD bias-Allow
Texture Filtering-Performance
Rilinear Optimization-On
Threaded optimization-Auto or off
Triple buffering-Off
Vertical Sync-3d application, or ON
Virtual frames-

Message 4 of 4 (182 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help